PDA

View Full Version : Carrying open/concealed while hunting/fishing

10-04-2005, 6:54 PM
The law says: Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going
to or returning from such hunting or fishing expeditions.

I'm a bit confused, does this apply to all fishing areas (such as public parks)? I don't mean the neighborhood park or something, but like regional parks with fishing lakes on them.

capitol
10-04-2005, 9:51 PM
Anyplace with the word "park" in the title is a no,no.

10-04-2005, 10:00 PM
If a park is an area of land set aside for public use, then there are many places that qualify without having the world park in the title. I can not find anything in the law that clarifies this, and that is my problem.

One area I am curious about is a "wilderness area" where hiking is allowed. Would it be legal to carry openly in such an area? (It doesn't say state or national park).

I am curious about the fishing one most of all, and an answer as to what type of fishing location the law applies to.

bwiese
10-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I really really wouldn't count on this to get you out of a CCW/illegal carry bust.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

10-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't plan on it, I just think that this section of the law is extremely vague (perhaps intentionally). Maybe I should have phrased this as an open carry question.

socalguns
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Blacklisted:
If a park is an area of land set aside for public use, then there are many places that qualify without having the world park in the title. I can not find anything in the law that clarifies this, and that is my problem.

One area I am curious about is a "wilderness area" where hiking is allowed. Would it be legal to carry openly in such an area? (It doesn't say state or national park).

I am curious about the fishing one most of all, and an answer as to what type of fishing location the law applies to.

You need to ask the officers

From the California Firearms Guide:

NOTE: A person’s place of business, residence, temporary residence, campsite, or private
property may be located in areas where possession of handguns or other firearms, whether
loaded or unloaded, is otherwise prohibited. Such areas include, but are not limited to,
state, federal, or private game reserves or refuges, federal and state parks, and other public
lands. Questions regarding the applicability of such laws should be directed to your sheriff
or chief of police, federal or state fish and game officers, or federal or state park rangers.

delloro
10-05-2005, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by Blacklisted:
The law says: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going
to or returning from such hunting or fishing expeditions.
I'm a bit confused, does this apply to all fishing areas (such as public parks)? I don't mean the neighborhood park or something, but like regional parks with fishing lakes on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you nead to read the rest of that section, i.e., the part about prohibited places or something like that. I think you will find most areas designated as a park will be a prohibited place. send me the particular place you are thinking oif and maybe I can figure it out for you.