PDA

View Full Version : Sturdy Safe...any opinions??

-hanko
07-30-2005, 8:27 PM
Anybody have one?? www.sturdysafe.com (http://www.sturdysafe.com) Prices seem competitive.

Thanks

-hanko

esskay
08-18-2005, 9:11 AM
I am wondering the same thing? Does anyone have one of these safes or have experience dealing with the company?

-hanko
08-28-2005, 7:49 AM
^

Winchester
08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
I was considering one, but ended up getting a Cannon instead. I was given a walk through, being as I live 20 minutes from the factory.
My impression is that Sturdy is more concerned with fire than they are about aesthetics. The guy that gave me the walk through kept talking about "fire this" and "fire that". I think what he was referring to was the fact that most safe manufacturers' use sheetrock as there main component. If I remember correctly, Sturdy uses an alternative component to resist fire. Some of the pictures that Sturdy showed me were amazing, to say the least. Complete "burn downs" with safe and contents intact. My main complaint with there safe(s) was the interior...crude to say the least. In the end, I felt that the Cannon was a better value. I paid $2,700.00 for a T-54 delivered. If fire is your main concern, and a "fancy" interior is not important, you might want to look further into the Sturdy brand of safe(s).

I believe that I dealt with a guy named Terry. He seemed like a nice guy, and I would've preferred to do business with a local company, it's just that the interior looked like ****.

Good Luck.

-hanko
09-01-2005, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by Winchester:I believe that I dealt with a guy named Terry. He seemed like a nice guy, and I would've preferred to do business with a local company, it's just that the interior looked like ****.

Good Luck.
Winchester, thanks. I've spent some phone time with Terry, seems like a straight-shooter (pardon the pun). Shelves on the door is a nice feature.

So, if I'm looking for a safe to go out into an alarmed garage, with an alarm sender on the safe door, I should be OK??

Thanks

-hanko