PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Trigger/Disconnect ??

TenSeven
06-16-2009, 1:08 AM
So I finally assembled my first AR lower. It took me a while (damn that pivot pin detent!! Piiiiiiiiing... across the garage it went with 0.00% hope of recovery...) as I had to buy / wait for a replacement part or three to arrive...

Assembling the lower was a great experience and I enjoyed doing it very much. Talk about learning a lot of great info.

I believe I now understand the engineering theories and said "simple" assembly process (it is easy, if I can do it... yadda yadda yadda) of the AR rifle lower receiver.

The question I ran into during assembly is: Why is the trigger a separate part from the disconnect (and associated disconnect spring) an additional part? Would it it be better as one big part??

I am not an engineer and do not know the intricate details so maybe there is a machining concern? The DisCon needs its own spring because??

:confused::confused::confused:

hylander
06-16-2009, 6:26 AM
It is a seperate part because it needs to move seperate from the Trigger.
That Disconnect holds the Hammer back after a round is fired and the bolt cycles so it does not go Full -Auto. When you release the Trigger the Disconnect releases the Hammer to the Trigger/Sear engagement.
If it moved with the Trigger it would never engage or always be engaged.
I'm not good at explaining, but hope you get the general idea.