PDA

View Full Version : SIG Blackwater

thmpr
06-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Who bought one?

slick_711
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Not I. It's a sales gimmick. It comes with extra mags and night sights, so the value is there perhaps. But why would you want a BW logo on top of your gun unless you work for BW? Furthermore, BW issues Glocks... So I really don't see the appeal.

Shane916
06-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Not I. It's a sales gimmick. It comes with extra mags and night sights, so the value is there perhaps. But why would you want a BW logo on top of your gun unless you work for BW? Furthermore, BW issues Glocks... So I really don't see the appeal.

Furthermore BlackWater no longer exist... Xe!!!

I agree though. They just threw on some engravings and grips.

The new one looks a little better though with the beavertail and what not. Not sure if its worth the extra dough...but hey if you like it then by all means go for it. I don't believe the new one is on the list, unless somehow you can try to import it as the older one..

Glock Fan
06-15-2009, 11:34 PM
:shrug:

1JimMarch
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
"Blackwater" is what you call the nastiest waste storage tank in an RV.

Noooooo thank you.

aplinker
06-15-2009, 11:43 PM
The new one has some good features that I like (beavertail, SRT) and some stuff that's undeniably good (more mags, night sights), but there's also the questionable (ugly grips that suck with normal mags, stupid engraving).

MKE
06-16-2009, 1:52 PM
I have a SIG Blackwater. Nothing really special about them except the 5 mags that come with them, SIG night sights, the fat wooden grips, tactical rail and the serrated front section of the slide. Also has the laser engraving at the top of the slide. They shoot the same as any ordinary P226.

I traded a Wii with accessories and games plus $120 for it. No regrets with having one.

Oldnoob
06-16-2009, 4:11 PM
I have a SIG Blackwater. Nothing really special about them except the 5 mags that come with them, SIG night sights, the fat wooden grips, tactical rail and the serrated front section of the slide. Also has the laser engraving at the top of the slide. They shoot the same as any ordinary P226.

I traded a Wii with accessories and games plus $120 for it. No regrets with having one.

I won't regret with that kind of deal neither. Good job.

gwl
06-16-2009, 6:36 PM

Sweet deal! :D