PDA

View Full Version : Sig p226 wear

Mezcalfud
06-15-2009, 8:09 PM
I am getting two circular dents on the frame, under the trigger bar. It is below the bar and looks like the trigger bar is hitting the frame. My camera will not take the pic. anyone have similar wear? I had Hogue grips on it but went back to stock. Any ideas?

sgtbuck
06-15-2009, 8:33 PM
On my 226 9mm I carried for almost 20 years and fired well over 6,000 rounds and have seen no wear like you describe. I also have the Hogue grips. You might want to send it to sig and let them take a look.

thmpr
06-15-2009, 8:35 PM
There has been reports of this happening on the sig forums and appears to be a normal issue as stated.

pMcW
06-15-2009, 8:36 PM
I am getting two circular dents on the frame, under the trigger bar. It is below the bar and looks like the trigger bar is hitting the frame. My camera will not take the pic. anyone have similar wear? I had Hogue grips on it but went back to stock. Any ideas?

I don't have any ideas, but I took the Hogue grips off my somewhat aged P226 (which proclaims to have been made in "W. Germany"), and I found a shiny rectangle where it looks like the trigger bar has been hitting the frame. I don't see the bar hit the frame when the grips are off and I release the trigger though...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25728&d=1245126744

This is a police trade-in (I think) that I bought used in a store a couple of years ago.

sgtbuck
06-15-2009, 8:42 PM
OHH I see now where your talking about. I will take mine apart tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Mezcalfud
06-15-2009, 9:12 PM
that is the general area pMcW but I have the new spring and it looks like two circles side by side and not a square. Wonder if the hogue grips cause this or it is normal???

TitanCi
06-15-2009, 9:47 PM
that is the general area pMcW but I have the new spring and it looks like two circles side by side and not a square. Wonder if the hogue grips cause this or it is normal???

I don't see how grips would cause this? :confused: it's probably something else.

sirgiles
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
i have the same wear marks with stock grips. should not be a concern.

RT13
06-16-2009, 12:01 AM
It's common and it's not the only place you'll find these wear marks on the frame. Typical with Sigs. Nothing to be concerned about though.

Spyder
06-16-2009, 6:10 PM
Common, agreed. I was worried about it a while back with my VERY high round count 226 in 9mm and took it to my awesome gunsmith and he told me not to worry about it. Since then, I've seen it on many high round count guns. Mine is an old old old W. German gun that was a Georgia SO's gun with who knows how many rounds through it. Since I got it there have been over 25,000 and it still shoots beautifully, just with some funny wear marks.

No worries on yours, I'm sure!

Mezcalfud
06-16-2009, 7:11 PM
I compared to another (newer model, super high round count)and it did not have the marks. I also read that the hogue grips have various "revolutions". Maybe I have some older grips that were pushing the trigger bar off a bit?
So, I read that these marks are common, those that have them are they 2 round marks or one like the pic above?