PDA

View Full Version : Secret Sauce

Fire in the Hole
06-15-2009, 7:29 PM
Any LEO's here ever get the secret sauce....that you know of?

BERRIEN SPRINGS, Mich. -- Authorities said a man faces a felony charge after allegedly spitting on a police officer's McDonald's breakfast sandwich. Police said a 32-year-old man was working the drive-thru window at the southwest Michigan restaurant when an unidentified officer bit into an Egg McMuffin on June 3 and immediately realized something was wrong.

A police report obtained by The Herald-Palladium said the restaurant's assistant manager noted the sandwich contained a "stringy with green mucus" substance. She placed the sandwich in the off-duty manager's trash bin, but said it disappeared while she phoned him.

The suspect, a parolee who spent 14 years in an Indiana prison, said he has nothing against police. He's being held in the Berrien County Jail on a $10,000 bond.

A June 23 preliminary hearing has been set.

MILLITIAof1
06-15-2009, 7:34 PM
I was expecting the "secret sauce" to be more white and creamy.
:rofl2:

freonr22
06-15-2009, 8:47 PM
i had a restaurant 10 years ago and I lugied in an unscrupulous lawyer's cannoli we served him he was such a jerk

Triad
06-16-2009, 9:41 AM
I am sure I have...but what I don't know makes me sleep better at night. LOL

DRM6000
06-16-2009, 1:28 PM
now i understand why a leo friend always looks in the back to check out the workers in fast food establishments. i asked him about it once and he told me he was checking to see if anybody back there knows him.

Fire in the Hole
06-16-2009, 1:46 PM
now i understand why a leo friend always looks in the back to check out the workers in fast food establishments. i asked him about it once and he told me he was checking to see if anybody back there knows him.
Doesn't much matter. Once they see the uniform, you're fair game.

DRM6000
06-16-2009, 5:17 PM
Doesn't much matter. Once they see the uniform, you're fair game.

fortunately for him, he doesn't need to wear a uniform.

ylwman
06-16-2009, 6:46 PM
Stick to the pop spots and dont go to the drive thru.

Otherwise u end up eating more goo than Jenna Jameson.

gunrun45
06-16-2009, 7:05 PM
There was a case in northern CA (think north of Sac here boys) where a fast food worker put some chemicals in an officers drink. The officer saw it happen and took the guy on the spot. I never went through a drive through again in uniform. Mandatory watching your food IMO or go somewhere that you trust.

Steyrlp10
06-20-2009, 9:10 AM
Geez, I knew people were bad, but this is taking it to a new level! I was always paranoid about food handlers, but now I know it's not a figment of my imagination -- yikes!

heyeugenio
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
For those of us that walk in I wsa taught to use "cover" shirts/jackets otherwise, the uniform is a BIG HUGE RED TARGET.

With some of the places that I've eaten though, that "secret sauce" might have been an upgrade LOL.

b.faust
06-26-2009, 2:20 PM
What's really weird about this for me, is where I grew up (Wisconsin), when officers came in they were treated like royalty.
I worked in a little restaurant when I was in high school, and the owners and managers would fuss over them, make sure they had their food quick (and with nice extras), gave them a police discount, etc.
It never even crossed our minds to 'modify' their food, other than putting extra pickles, more fries, cookies, etc in with it.

Small town America I guess. The town only had about 80 officers total.

B.

haodoken
06-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Don't forget about that US Border Patrol Agent who got pesticides in his shake at a restaurant. The pesticides started to shut down is internal organs one by one and I think he died because of it. I say call in orders in by phone and pick it up. The safest method...:D

BigDogatPlay
06-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I always tried to follow the CHP guys around. For what ever reason it always seemed like one of them was shagging a waitress at some restaurant or another. Where there are a lot of CHP cars gathered the food is usually good and (hopefully) is unadulterated.

Call me crazy but I don't recall ever going through a drive through on duty. My room mate in college worked at a Jack in the Box for a while......

The horror... the horror.

Scratch705
06-27-2009, 1:04 AM
sucks that lowlifes go as far as mess with officers food just to "get back at the man".

although now it makes me think what they do to meter maids foods..... since they are even more hated.

Bobula
06-27-2009, 1:17 AM
That burgers for a COP

Turbinator
06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't get this thing about putting junk in an officer's food. It's just flat out evil and despicable.

Turby

CaliTheKid
06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Subway or Quizno's, Panda Expresses-- places you can see the food being preped and packaged. Also supermarkets with deli bars. And have a few mom and pop spots that I know are LEO friendly-- mostly older employee's, all very kind decent people. Almost always get it "to go" and usually eat on the trunk of my car.

jafount
06-28-2009, 1:22 AM
I always phone ordered stuff in advance and gave a fake name. Once I got there to pick it up it was already made. Other than that I just hoped for the best and never went to driver thrus EVER.