PDA

View Full Version : 1935a Is it sellable by dealer?

crank
08-02-2005, 9:02 PM
I am trying to argue with a friend as to the legal ability of a dealer to sell a French S.A.C.M. 1935a pistol. My understanding is that any obsolete military pistol is safe from the restrictions of the approved list. He swears that if it does not have markings that exclusively identify its military background it cannot be sold by a dealer and must go PPT. I am still waiting for a reply from DOJ to lay this one to rest, but I have been impressed with how well read many members are with the nuances of CA law. One tidbit which may help is that this weapon was only produced for the French military and was never a commercial firearm. I look forward to see what this turns out like.
Thanks
Mark

Inoxmark
08-02-2005, 11:04 PM
They were produced from 1935 until 1950, so all of them are over 50 years old and qualify for C&R exemption. Military or non-military doesn't matter as long as they are over 50 y.o.

Moonclip
08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
These guns are probably on the C&R list too I bet and like mentioned they are over 50 years old anyways. I always wanted one of these but as the ammo is hard to obtain and expensive I'm not too worried if I don't get one.

imported_EOD Guy
08-03-2005, 6:05 AM
They are not on the C&R list but it doesn't matter. Since they are over 50 years old, they are automatically C&R, are exempt from the handgun safety testing, and can be sold by a California dealer.