PDA

View Full Version : NRA free membership offer - What happens??

Buddhabelly
06-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I signed up for the NRA 1 year free trial offer from a link posted by someone here on this forum. Put in my info, including my email and then..... nothing.

What follows next? I assumed that I would get a follow up email, but nothing in over a week. I tried signing in on the NRA site, but it asks for a member ID# which I have not seen or given.

Can someone who's done it fill me in?

hoffmang
06-14-2009, 11:02 AM
There isn't a "1 year free trail" to the NRA. There is a "sign up for announcements without being a member" offer.

I'd suggest just paying for a 1 year membership.

-Gene

Dutch Schultz
06-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Nah it just takes a long time. It took a few weeks but I got the membership card, American Rifleman magazines, everything.

DirtRacer151
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
power in numbers guys but i'd really suggest when economic times get better that everyone look into doing a standard membership. When i finally get my house soon i'll be signing up for a life membership :)

bohoki
06-14-2009, 11:33 AM
i did it an a month and a half later i got the magazine in the mail

i think their new idea is to get numbers first then beg for money dont give them a phone number they are worse than a collection agency

tango5
06-14-2009, 11:34 AM
It takes about 4-6 weeks. I signed my wife up and it took a little over a month until her membership packet showed up with her card.

Can't buy anything here
06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
And you should sign up as many of your anti-gun friends as possible...:)

GoodEyeSniper
06-14-2009, 12:55 PM

ahaha I hadn't thought of doing that!

ZepoL
06-14-2009, 12:59 PM
There isn't a "1 year free trail" to the NRA. There is a "sign up for announcements without being a member" offer.

-Gene
Yep, I paid for the one year membership.
New NRA member here.

Oldnoob
06-14-2009, 7:12 PM

-Gene

I got one for my friend about 3 weeks ago. It took them about 2 or 3 month to process.

missiondude
06-14-2009, 7:20 PM
Just upgraded my annual to life. They are running a special for existing members to upgrade to life for $500. No payment plan, but I figured we need to keep up the pressure. After my account recovers, time for a CGF donation...:)

AndrewMendez
06-14-2009, 7:28 PM
Its all a numbers thing! Sign yourself up and some friends!

Lucky Scott
06-14-2009, 8:06 PM
I signed up, got an email after a while.
Then later, I got a membership card in the mail.
Took a while

walter
06-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Dude after my membership expired they kept mailing me all this crap. It's like dude was my membership towards the cause or used to buy paper and ink for solicitations...

I signed up at the gunshow because they were giving away a free hat and magazine.

gcvt
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Like Obama, Feinstein, Pelosi, etc.? ;)

HondaMasterTech
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
email notification. takes a while

MasterYong
06-15-2009, 8:44 AM
I signed up two months ago, and got my membership card last week- still haven't gotten the magazine or the hat. I think they're slow on PURPOSE- nothing that's so automated should take that long.

Oh well.

TonyM
06-15-2009, 9:00 AM
i did it an a month and a half later i got the magazine in the mail

i think their new idea is to get numbers first then beg for money dont give them a phone number they are worse than a collection agency

Dude after my membership expired they kept mailing me all this crap. It's like dude was my membership towards the cause or used to buy paper and ink for solicitations...

I signed up at the gunshow because they were giving away a free hat and magazine.

Both of you guys have been here long enough, but maybe you haven't seen the other dozens of threads with people complaining about this..... repeatedly, and after being told about how to cure the problem... :rolleyes:

You can call the NRA at the number on the back of your card ( 877-NRA-2000 ) and ask to be removed from promotional and contribution request mailers. In about 30 days, you will stop getting the mail.

I personally asked to be removed from all paper mail other than the ILA stuff. I get email notifications and paper mail for the ILA issues, which I contribute to.

punisheryayarea
06-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I paid for the 1 year more then 4months ago weres my NRA bag??????