PDA

View Full Version : Springfield EMP

Vectrexer
06-14-2009, 2:09 AM
Anyone have any experience with this little 9mm?

BunnySlayer
06-14-2009, 4:51 AM
I've never owned one but I worked the springfield booth at the shooting sports fair last year at Rahauges and I got to shoot it a lot. I am NOT a fan of micro 1911's and I have to admit to being impressed by that little gun. Accurate and very easy on the shooter despite it's little size. All in all I would guesstimate we put about 200 or 300 rounds through it without any problems during the coarse of the day between customers and workers. Very concealable. It was a bit on the pricey side being a tad over a grand if memory serves. Overall though I walked away impressed with it having started out a skeptic.

dfletcher
06-14-2009, 5:55 AM
Yes, I bought one about 1 month ago and i like it.

The good - very reliable and concealable (just got Utah CCW) with a great trigger and excellent magazines. Fit & finish is excellent.

The bad - it's already been back to Springfield once. Blown primers depositing a little plug in the firing pin hole in the breech face resulting in the gun not firing. Most likely culprit, as explained by Springfield - a titanium firing pin used to meet the CA drop test requirement. The fix is a steel firing pin, fitted by Springfield's custom shop.

I really like the gun and a friend after shooting it wants one also. But don't be surprised if there are issues.

FYI - the 9mm is CA OK, the 40 is not on the list.
I've owned 3 Springfields, two have had problems

Voo
06-14-2009, 6:15 AM
I've never owned one but I worked the springfield booth at the shooting sports fair last year at Rahauges and I got to shoot it a lot. I am NOT a fan of micro 1911's and I have to admit to being impressed by that little gun. Accurate and very easy on the shooter despite it's little size. All in all I would guesstimate we put about 200 or 300 rounds through it without any problems during the coarse of the day between customers and workers. Very concealable. It was a bit on the pricey side being a tad over a grand if memory serves. Overall though I walked away impressed with it having started out a skeptic.

+1 This has been my experience as well.

My friend has one and I got to give it a spin. The thing shoots ridiculously soft for how small it is. It's controllable, despite it being in the sub-compact range. It was nothing like what I had envisioned. The muzzle flip was normal and the recoil was on par with most 9mm semi-autos. I thought it was going to be violent and snappy but quite the contrary, it was very mild. It's accurate, and even when I was shooting at speed, both mindless double taps as well as controlled pairs, it was still hitting COM at 7 and 10 yards.

It ran flawless for the time I had it and all in all, I walked away very impressed at how controllable and soft it shot. I tease my friend that if she ever decides to sell it, I get first dibs.