PDA

View Full Version : I cant decide witch 1911 to get. Help!

Pistolwhipped
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I have picked out two 1911s that I would love to have. One is a smith and wesson and the other is a sig 1911 with the nitron.

They are both so beautiful that I have literally been looking at each one over and over for about a week. I cant decide.

Please tell me out of these two witch one you like the best and why.

Thanks guys

M47_Dragon
06-14-2009, 12:52 AM
I like the Smith, well, because I have one (less the laser grips) and I love it.

Hard to vote against a Sig, though I hear their 1911s aren't quite in the same league with their other guns... but take it with a grain of salt - it's hearsay. I have seen others say they love their GSRs.

Would you consider the SW1911DK? (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/39_71/products_id/15088) I have one of those as well and it's a beaut!

gadjeep
06-14-2009, 12:55 AM
I love my SIG GSR TTT. Crazy accurate and good lookin' too!

JTROKS
06-14-2009, 1:19 AM
I love my GSR TTT. It's very accurate and reliable.

phamkl
06-14-2009, 1:32 AM
S&W has more classic lines. One thing I like the best about the 1911 aesthetics is that it features a clean but formidable shape. The Sig has the lightening cut in it that adds too much for me. I also don't like when serrations are that far apart. I would rather have the front serrations than the Sig serrations.

I would love a Sig, but 1911's ought to be pretty, too.

Black Majik
06-14-2009, 2:35 AM
Flip a coin. Schwartz safety for heads, Series 80 for tails.

ERdept
06-14-2009, 3:23 AM
M47: I know you said you liked you KD version, but how has it functioned.

This is supposed to be more accurate, as in for competition, how does it cycle and feed?

Does it need new rounds all the time or can it eat range reloads?

M47_Dragon
06-14-2009, 5:27 AM
M47: I know you said you liked you KD version, but how has it functioned.

This is supposed to be more accurate, as in for competition, how does it cycle and feed?

Does it need new rounds all the time or can it eat range reloads?

It has functioned flawless for me. I rarely put range reloads through her, but it has digested all factory ammo I've tried and my own reloads - mostly my own reloads.

Not sure if the gun is designed to be "more accurate" as the Smith people will tell you, most of the differences between the DK and other plain-jane SW1911s are mostly aesthetic. I do happen to shoot it better than my plain SW1911 and I am not sure why - the sights maybe?

I replaced the flat trigger because I didn't like it, had a trigger job done and put a fiber optic front sight on it.

Miltiades
06-14-2009, 5:45 AM
I'd get the one without front cocking serrations and laser grip. That would be the Sig.

forgiven
06-14-2009, 7:03 AM
I'd get the one without front cocking serrations and laser grip. That would be the Sig.

:iagree:

PutTogether
06-14-2009, 12:01 PM
add me to the list of people that have Sig 1911s and think they are awesome. Mine is flawless and eats anything. I have a bunch of other 1911s, but none as reliable as the SIG.

Depending on what you are buying the gun for though, reliability may not mean as much. My Sig 1911 is what sits in my nightstand at night, so for me its flawless reliability is of paramount importance.

Mine is stainless, but I think the nitron looks better
http://criminalhandbook.com/AR/gsr.jpg

catnipper
06-14-2009, 12:15 PM
save up and buy a Wilson, you will never regret it...

Pistolwhipped
06-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I know the sig is better out of the two, the only reason i picked these two is they are in my price range of 1000 and the only reason the smith is in that range is because of the lazer grips. without those I believe its around 700. The sig according to the guys at the shop is a nail driver but the smith has a lot of the accesories that I would want already. Like a different trigger, hammer, lazer and it is probably very close in accuracy. I think unless someone can come up with a reason why not to I'm gonna go with the sig.

Pistolwhipped
06-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree. Your sig looks awesome and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Everytime I ask someone at the shop about it they have nothing but praise but when I ask about the smith they say well it a good gun and the lazer is kinda cool if you like that but its no sig! So I think i'm sold on the sig. Thanks man.

add me to the list of people that have Sig 1911s and think they are awesome. Mine is flawless and eats anything. I have a bunch of other 1911s, but none as reliable as the SIG.

Depending on what you are buying the gun for though, reliability may not mean as much. My Sig 1911 is what sits in my nightstand at night, so for me its flawless reliability is of paramount importance.

Mine is stainless, but I think the nitron looks better
http://criminalhandbook.com/AR/gsr.jpg