PDA

View Full Version : Newbie FFL

SDProtection
06-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself and bow down to the group of FFL's I have been listening to and reading their posts for some time. After lurking and hearing all your triumphs and tribulations in California, I finally garnered the courage to apply for my FFL and being a glutton for punishment I am staying in CA to do it!

Actually my FFL is going to be a sister company to my primary business which is executive protection based out of San Diego. I have a lot of West Coast clients who ***** that they don't want to be seen at the corner gun store buying guns, so a light went off and after reading your posts, (that it is possible to do business in CA and not get thrown in jail), I decided to go down the path and offer such service to my clients as well as look to build this business as another avenue of business as I get old and can't keep up with my clients.

I am former federal LE as well so having seen how the law can work for you or against you; it took a lot of soul searching to finally take the plunge.

Anyway, I really appreciate forums like this and the quality professionals I have read about in your posts. I am sure I will have to ask for some guidance as time goes forward so I ask your patience when I sound like a total idiot.

Anyway, again, glad to be here and thank you all again.

JP

halifax
06-13-2009, 11:48 PM
At what point are you in getting your FFL and CFD?

SDProtection
06-14-2009, 6:27 AM
Already have my FFL. Just waiting on my CDF. Should be this week I hope. Card reader ordered, etc. Spent last week signing up with a few of the wholesalers I have read about here.

halifax
06-14-2009, 7:48 AM
Already have my FFL. Just waiting on my CDF. Should be this week I hope. Card reader ordered, etc. Spent last week signing up with a few of the wholesalers I have read about here.

You're as good as there. It's good that you have been reading-up on being a CA FFL here on CGN, but you will still have questions. Don't hesitate to ask. Welcome to our world :)