PDA

View Full Version : Refinishing a CA approved gun?

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
02-20-2005, 3:40 PM
I live in a county where we can only carry CA-approved guns on our ccw. Do you think changing the finsh on an approved gun cause any hassles? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but as you know, different finishes on the same factory guns must be drop-tested separately. And this IS Kalifornia! If I ever had to use my ccw gun, I just don't want it to be an issue. Thanks.

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
02-20-2005, 3:40 PM
I live in a county where we can only carry CA-approved guns on our ccw. Do you think changing the finsh on an approved gun cause any hassles? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but as you know, different finishes on the same factory guns must be drop-tested separately. And this IS Kalifornia! If I ever had to use my ccw gun, I just don't want it to be an issue. Thanks.

Rascal
02-20-2005, 7:26 PM
Actually it is different materials on the same type gun have to be tested seperatly, but the finish is not changing the dimensions, nor the material it is made from. It is ok to refinish your hand gun from say nickel finish to blue.

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
02-21-2005, 8:24 AM
What about other 1911 modifications - not including disengaging grip safety or anything - but changing the thumb safety, maninspring housing, trigger, ect.?

Mike Searson
02-21-2005, 8:43 AM
I don't know what county you are in, but I saw someone's Glock get rejected for installing a laseraim system in his Glock 30 in Contra Costa county.

rkt88edmo
02-21-2005, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Searson:
I don't know what county you are in, but I saw someone's Glock get rejected for installing a laseraim system in his Glock 30 in Contra Costa county. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess they wanted to make sure he didn't shoot down any airplanes with it http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif