PDA

View Full Version : Any one have a set up like this Glock to rifle conversion?

Massappeal
06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=131364168

Is this legal in Cali? and you guys think it would work on a g30 as well?:chris:

Futurecollector
06-13-2009, 1:06 AM
That is a sbr,

In cali that COULD be legal if, and only if,

The barell is 16 inches or more,

It meets the OAL requirement

It has a mag lock,

once you do all that you are G2G,

but the moment that you make that into a rifle in can NEVER EVER become a pistol after that!

Massappeal
06-13-2009, 1:10 AM
ahh I see... so no going back n forth pistol to rifle which I would like to do! ooo well.... =(

Josh3239
06-13-2009, 1:12 AM
Why :confused: A 9mm AR isn't good enough? If you want glock mags Olypmic Arms makes several pistol caliber ARs that use glock mags.

Futurecollector
06-13-2009, 1:14 AM
ahh I see... so no going back n forth pistol to rifle which I would like to do! ooo well.... =(

Yeah thats not possible in Cali, lol in a free state it is though.

rabagley
06-13-2009, 8:37 AM
Yeah thats not possible in Cali, lol in a free state it is though.

Actually, it appears to be a federal interpretation by the BATFE that from the moment the part that is the registered firearm (the lower receiver in Glocks) has been configured as a rifle, any reconfiguration that combines that receiver with a sub-16" barrel (including the original barrel) will then create a short barreled rifle.

Even worse, SBR's qualify for constructive possession, which means that continuing to possess the original slide and barrel along with the carbine-converted receiver is sufficient to create an SBR. If you owned a second unconverted pistol receiver that could accept the slide and barrel, you'd be okay since the second set could be claimed to now be spares for the "still a pistol" receiver.

These carbine conversion kits are technically an excellent idea, but legally are in a large gray zone. My personal interpretation: admire someone else's.

JTROKS
06-13-2009, 9:00 AM
And people keep saying California has stupid gun laws. That just proves it that the whole nation have stupid gun laws.

THT
06-13-2009, 9:09 AM
And people keep saying California has stupid gun laws. That just proves it that the whole nation have stupid gun laws.

Well that's been true for a very long time.

Futurecollector
06-13-2009, 1:31 PM
Actually, it appears to be a federal interpretation by the BATFE that from the moment the part that is the registered firearm (the lower receiver in Glocks) has been configured as a rifle, any reconfiguration that combines that receiver with a sub-16" barrel (including the original barrel) will then create a short barreled rifle.

Even worse, SBR's qualify for constructive possession, which means that continuing to possess the original slide and barrel along with the carbine-converted receiver is sufficient to create an SBR. If you owned a second unconverted pistol receiver that could accept the slide and barrel, you'd be okay since the second set could be claimed to now be spares for the "still a pistol" receiver.

These carbine conversion kits are technically an excellent idea, but legally are in a large gray zone. My personal interpretation: admire someone else's.

Damn I forgot about that, but It was one in the morining lol,

Well say you had 2 G-21 one with the carbine kit and one standard it wouldnt me constuctive possesion since you have the means to use the "extra slide" atleast I think im thinking that right lol

DA1L0
06-13-2009, 3:50 PM
The Barrel is 16.25" and looking at the dimensions it appears to be over 30". The only thing I believe it needs to be legal is a mag lock. Am I mistaken?

SJgunguy24
06-13-2009, 5:49 PM
Irvington arms has pistol caliber AR's that are blow back action and take Glock mags. Ahhhh if only in 10mm:rolleyes:

Quiet
06-13-2009, 6:53 PM
Irvington arms has pistol caliber AR's that are blow back action and take Glock mags. Ahhhh if only in 10mm:rolleyes:

The MGI MARCK-15 has the capability to do what you want.
They have a .45ACP Glock mag well, which will take the 10x25mm Glock magazines.
Their quick change upper can accept 10x25mm barrels.
Add a 10mm bolt/bolt carrier.
And you'll have an 10mm AR that take Glock 20/29 magazines.
However, it'll cost you lots of $$$$ to get it set-up.

dfletcher
06-13-2009, 10:31 PM
The Barrel is 16.25" and looking at the dimensions it appears to be over 30". The only thing I believe it needs to be legal is a mag lock. Am I mistaken?

Nope, you're correct. maglock it with a committed "lower" and you're fine with 10 round mags.