PDA

View Full Version : Bringing SBS into cali?

colddeadhands
06-12-2009, 9:44 PM
I tried the search and didnt find anything. sorry if this is a dupe.

I know that you cant buy any thing that is SBS in cali, but i am a non-cali resident. and I own a legal (in Nevada) SBS. Next week I'm coming to cali to help my uncle do some mining, I would like to bring my Bond .410 for snakes, but I'm unsure if crossing the state line with it would be illegal. I will only be in cali for a week, then my extremely dangerous firearm and I will return to nevada.

thanks for the help.

Librarian
06-12-2009, 9:47 PM

I know that you cant buy any thing that is SBS in cali, but i am a non-cali resident. and I own a legal (in Nevada) SBS. Next week I'm coming to cali to help my uncle do some mining, I would like to bring my Bond .410 for snakes, but I'm unsure if crossing the state line with it would be illegal. I will only be in cali for a week, then my extremely dangerous firearm and I will return to nevada.

thanks for the help.

Don't do it. Penal Code: 12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses ... any short-barreled shotgun

B Strong
06-13-2009, 9:36 AM

thanks for the help.

You could after filing the 5320.20 fed form, and get the state permit as well, but I doubt it would be worth it, and no way can you get both within a week.

Bring something else for snake medicine.

colddeadhands
06-13-2009, 3:42 PM
thanks guys, I wasnt sure it was like an AR, cant bring it in; or like an of list handgun, just cant buy one.

AJAX22
06-13-2009, 3:49 PM
C&R SBS's are legal ;)

go get yourself a snake charmer and you'll be good to go