PDA

View Full Version : Federal Agent Training?

XD45
06-12-2009, 7:27 PM
Do all federal agents train out of state, D.C., Georgia, VA etc..?? Are there any federal agencies with training in socal? Thanks!

Rogue187
06-12-2009, 8:22 PM
No Federal Agency has a training academy in SoCal.
There is an academy in New Mexico..but that is as far west as they come.
Most of the academies are back east..

CSDGuy
06-12-2009, 8:51 PM
Go to this address: http://www.fletc.gov and on the left side of your screen, there will be a list of the FLETC locations. Artesia is in New Mexico.

veeklog
06-12-2009, 9:37 PM
Most Federal Agents train at FLETC in Glynco, GA (actually Brunswick, GA). It is about 60 miles north of Jacksonville, FL and 60 miles south of Savannah, GA. Border Patrol Academy is now at Artesia, NM (relocated from FLETC and Charleston,SC). FBI and DEA both train at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA.

Nefarious
06-13-2009, 3:40 PM
Like the poster above me stated. Most of the training is done at "Fle-tec" in Georgia... the Campus is so big it actually has its own zip code - its considered Glynco Georgia

Here's a quick list of the ones I remember off the top of my head seeing there

Bureau Of Prisons
US Marshals
ICE
CBP
Secret Service
Land Management
Indian Police
Uniformed Police
Criminial Investigator

DANGERCLOSE
06-15-2009, 3:26 PM
saw CIA police security there. numerous agencies and 3 letter jobs use the same type schools like nefarious stated.

Darklyte27
06-15-2009, 3:49 PM
A friend who is a Woman is a IRS Criminal Investigation special agent had to train at FLETC for 16 weeks who has a badge and gun now.
Still cant believe shes a LEO...

ghost_ix
06-15-2009, 9:08 PM
The training at FLETC (GA) is no where near the difficulty of a state/local police agency... You'd be amazed at the people who make it out of there and are given a badge and a gun.

CaliTheKid
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
It's referred to as a "Gentleman's academy".

MIB
06-16-2009, 7:25 AM
The training at FLETC (GA) is no where near the difficulty of a state/local police agency... You'd be amazed at the people who make it out of there and are given a badge and a gun.

Real FEDs go to Quantico anyway....;)

Fire in the Hole
06-16-2009, 8:00 AM
My oldest son is a U.S. Forest Service Ranger LE. He graduated 1 1/2 years ago. I flew back to Glynco for his graduation. He's stationed in MT. The Feds do have extremly liberal PC issues. I saw male cadets with braided pony tails. I found it interesting that many of the military criminal investigators go there for their training. Army CID, Navy NCI, etc. Also a fun fact, This base was designed and built as the training center for Blimp pilots, crewmen, and maintance personnel. They even have a blimp museum. I kind of liked that.

veeklog
06-16-2009, 3:59 PM
Real FEDs go to Quantico anyway....;)

Uh, huh. That gave me a pretty good chuckle.

As far as training goes, it depends on the agency. It used to be that BP and BIA had the hardest training for the FEDS. Basically if you made it through BP Academy, you could pretty much go anywhere as long as weren't a moron. The drop out rate was outstanding; usually half the class would end up graduating. The old format training regimine was pretty much uniform till recently when you could test out of the Spanish part of the academy.

DANGERCLOSE
06-16-2009, 8:11 PM
say a mexican national gets busted at the border by the CBP,
with major drugs investigated by the DEA,
gets processed for being in illegal alien by ICE,
the illegal firearms are processed by the ATF,
is brought to court by the US Marshalls,
is sentenced and remanded to the BOP,
who gives the press conference???????????

the FBI.

veeklog
06-16-2009, 8:37 PM
say a mexican national gets busted at the border by the CBP,
with major drugs investigated by the DEA,
gets processed for being in illegal alien by ICE,
the illegal firearms are processed by the ATF,
is brought to court by the US Marshalls,
is sentenced and remanded to the BOP,
who gives the press conference???????????

the FBI.

You forgot something there. DEA doesn't do or process the drugs that are caught at the Border. ICE (legacy U.S. Customs) does that. DEA just double stats ICE's seizures.

lrdchivalry
06-17-2009, 9:47 AM

LOL..What agency are you with? I remember the old U.S. Customs physical fitness requirements were participation only and although you had to take the PT test, passing wasn't required to graduate. A little scary watching a 300lb person getting tired after running a few feet and thinking that might be my back up.

I remember the Bureau of Prison people complaining because they had to be there for 2 weeks. A 2 week academy and then they were 6C..Crazy.

The CBP canine academy in Front Royal, Virginia is physically demanding.

lrdchivalry
06-17-2009, 9:50 AM
You forgot something there. DEA doesn't do or process the drugs that are caught at the Border. ICE (legacy U.S. Customs) does that.

True!

DEA just double stats ICE's seizures.

That's because we catch more dope then they do and have to look like they are very successful. :)

DANGERCLOSE
06-19-2009, 2:58 AM
its from a joke that my buddy from the atf told me. no need to get technical. sheesh.

Bobshouse
06-19-2009, 5:38 AM

http://mysite.verizon.net/resxhr8l/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/badges9dp.jpgWe don't need no stinking badges...

Sounds like you might of tried and flunked out...sorry!