PDA

View Full Version : Glock service?

chico.cm
06-11-2009, 10:00 PM
So I have been searching to no avail...
Does anyone know what the service interval is on a Glock pistol.
I estimate that I have close to 8k rounds through my G23 by now.
I have had it 6 years or so?

I am wondering what needs to be replaced, inspected, etc. :confused:

Greg-Dawg
06-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Call Glock tomorrow and find out.

bohoki
06-11-2009, 10:11 PM
service interval?

like an oil change and timing belt?

cal3gunner
06-11-2009, 10:21 PM
You can send it back to glock and they will inspect it and change out all the internals for fee. Or you can go to a GSSF match and one of their armorers will do it for free.

Or you can do it yourself and change the springs out for competition ones which will lighten your trigger pull.

APNF128
06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
The good rule of thumb is if everything works fine then why fixed it. You only have 6k and thats nothing for glock. I have gen-1 glock 17 which I own since 1988 and have about 10x more rds than yours and the only thing I did replaced was the plastic front/rear sight with heinie and still shooting accurately and reliably. Don't worry about it and just enjoy!!!

Pistolwhipped
06-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Are you having problems? People dont usually ask that unless there is a reason. Glocks only need to be cleaned and lubed and have their problems fixed when they arise. No service intervals.;)

ZRT650
06-12-2009, 1:59 AM
You can send it back to glock and they will inspect it and change out all the internals for fee. Or you can go to a GSSF match and one of their armorers will do it for free.

Or you can do it yourself and change the springs out for competition ones which will lighten your trigger pull.

what he said glock will update all the essentials but really you should have no problems. has your glock had any malfunctions? at 8k rounds you should still be running like a champ. keep it lubbed and you good

Voo
06-12-2009, 6:54 AM
it's always a good idea to do preventative type maintenance on your firearms (or anything else for that matter). That old adage about an ounce of prevention comes to mind. I think this is especially true if you're using this gun for more than just recreation, ie work, home defense..etc.

That said, 8k rounds for a glock isn't really much. 6 years for a glock isn't really much. In all likelihood, there's nothing that needs* to be changed out.

Now, if you say you've been putting +p+ rounds through it this whole time, then you may need a new recoil spring. This is about 6-7 dollars.

If youve been dry firing for an hour everyday for the last 6 years, you may want a new striker spring and trigger return spring. Another 10-12 bucks for both of those.

Realistically, if your glock isn't giving you any trouble there's little need to change any of that stuff, but it wouldnt hurt to have a spare parts kit containing extra springs. All this stuff is ridiculously easy to change out but a Glock Armorer can also do this for you if youre not comfortable with it. IMHO, I would suggest you go online and search how to swap out these parts yourself. There's a bunch of tutorials and I even imagine Youtube videos on "how to" take it apart. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of difficulty (with 10 being hardest) I would give this a 2. It's that simple.

1911su16b870
06-12-2009, 9:49 AM
Glock Recommended Maint: Clean after each shooting session and/or once per month. Have a Glock Armorer do a total disassembly/inspection every year. That is all :)

Black Majik
06-12-2009, 10:14 AM
This is a great site for detail stripping the Glock pistol. Easy to do.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

pinwheels
06-12-2009, 2:09 PM
The Glock armorer at a GSSF match gave me a new recoil spring assembly for my G23. It had a bit over 2000 rounds through it, and he said that was about the limit for a G23. I'd had maybe 6 failures to reset in the last few hundred rounds before that. Not a single failure of any kind in the next 1000 rounds. As noted above, join GSSF and go to a match, and get one for free. Or buy one. They're cheap insurance. Depending on what you've been doing, might want to clean your mags. Enjoy!

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-12-2009, 5:03 PM
TopGlock has the annual inspection form (http://www.topglock.com/content.aspx?Ckey=checklist)on it's website.