PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Blade-Tech Taser X-26 Thigh Rig

socalsheepdog
06-11-2009, 8:53 AM
Anyone use the Blade-Tech Taser X-26 Thigh Rig?

http://www.botachtactical.com/bltaxthrig.html

Thumbs up or down on this? I need to free up some room on my Sam and need to get something.

tyrist
06-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't really like the retention on it personally. I like the 6005 from safari land better.

socalsheepdog
06-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I was thinking about the Serpa unit as well and adapting it to a molle drop leg so I could attach this ridiculous CPR mask we have to carry now. I want to be able to carry two additional cartridges as well.

Ron-Solo
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry. Using the one that came with it. We do have a few of the SOTech nylon drop holsters for both the M-26 & X-26. They are a good product but a little slower on the draw.

Triad
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I bought one of these and used it for about a month. Honestly I have never been a big fan of any of the drop leg holsters for the Taser. That being said I am a HUGE fan of the Exo-skeleton belt holster.

nobody33
06-13-2009, 8:57 AM
I have it. I like it. Can't wear it anymore because the department thinks drop holsters are scary. The only downside was that it wore out that spot in my uniform pants. If I had the cargo pants it would have been better. It had a snap and better retention than the belt one, but not as good as the serpa.

I use the blackhawk serpa one now. It's more compact than the one that they issued.. which was a POS.

Unit74
06-13-2009, 9:00 AM
No thanks...... Drop holsters suck for the taster.

I run the Serpa crossdraw and it does just dandy.

CaliTheKid
06-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I used it and didn't like it at all. Thumb snap is a PIA. I bought the Serpa and like it much more.

Triad
06-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I cut the thumb snap off of my belt holster Blade Tech o_0

I can not cross draw in my department. I wish I could. For anyone that does have a cross draw in their policy, what is the primary positive points for the cross draw? I am thinking about writing a memo to our Taser coordinator about the benefits of going to cross draw.

gunrun45
06-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Cross draw allows for a faster draw that is uninhibited and a more natural move as you would to the rest of your gear along your midline / waist. You can also place your hands in a centerline invertiew stance basically on top of the device and draw it covertly quickly.

I tried both the crassdraw and thigh rig as my old dept didn't care in the beginning. Now they only allow cross draw rigs and holds with the dominant hand (liability). Cross draws also allow for more control over the device in a ground fight I have found.

The thigh rig was nice if you drove more than you stood. I really liked it for gang work when you were wearing a tac vest and less than a full uniform. The grip of the X26 with an extra cartridge can rub into the front of your uniform and make wear marks over time if you drive more than you stand with the cross draw.

Unit74
06-13-2009, 2:07 PM
I cut the thumb snap off of my belt holster Blade Tech o_0

I can not cross draw in my department. I wish I could. For anyone that does have a cross draw in their policy, what is the primary positive points for the cross draw? I am thinking about writing a memo to our Taser coordinator about the benefits of going to cross draw.

Well.... So you don't grab lethal when you wanted non. Our policy requires it be located on you non-gun side.

islandchanel
06-14-2009, 8:30 AM
Im not sure if this guy had the leg holster for the taser or not but i know that his defense was that he thought his gun was his taser. I would want to eliminate any possibility of making this guys mistake in the heat of the moment.

http://vodpod.com/watch/1276418-this-close-up-recording-of-the-bart-police-officer-that-killed-oscar-grant-isnt-being-shown-all-over-the-news-thats-because-you-can-really-see-whats-going-on

socalsheepdog
06-15-2009, 8:15 AM
Our policy says we can carry dropped or on our belt but must be on our weak side. We have also changed out our CPR masks from a nice inflatable that was easy to wear back to the gigantic Ambu Res-Cue adult/infant mask set up. The thing is huge and usually just stays in the car. Now that it is summer, we have so many events that have us on our feet for a full shift, we have to wear the darn thing. I just don't have room on my belt for a taser, cartridges and this huge mask. I was thinking of rigging up the Blade Tech to hold a Maxpedition 5x7x2 Horizontal GP Pouch to keep my mask and gloves in. There is a spot on the side of the holster I could strap it to.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/catalog/0243b_1336_general.jpg

http://www.cpr-savers.com/picturesweb/IndusCPRproducts/ambu-suction/252-123b.png

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/botach_2058_111140037

You can see the spot that you can use to attach a pouch. I was thinking I would just zip tie through the molle straps.

J_B
06-23-2009, 2:21 PM
I run the Safriland 6005 series for my issued M26 on my off side. The crap holster issued with the M26 sucked donkey nuts in foot pursuits. The thing flopped everywhere. With the Safariland, it stays put and I don't have to constantly worry about losing it.

Some people like to run the crossdraw but I have no room on my belt as I run everything up front or close to the front as possible, leaving the back of my belt free.

My lil bro gets to wear his X26 crossdraw...then again his agency allows him to wear tac vests and thigh holsters for regular patrol....dang Nor Cal bay area-sih department!!!!