PDA

View Full Version : SB 357

Leon DeGamme
06-08-2005, 9:56 AM
Ok, I am confused about what this new law will cover. I am afraid that the answer will be negative but I will ask anyway. Will this new law (SB 357) require any ammunition that was legally owned prior to the law being put in effect be destroyed/turned into the law? If so, what about you guys out there who claim to have thousands of rounds or even rare ammo like "black talon" that cant be replaced? Although I dont own alot of ammo, I still wouldnt want to throw any of my money into the trash because someone decided that I can have in anymore.

Mike
06-08-2005, 10:19 AM
That's the way I read it (whichever bill it was about serialized bullets)--that possession of ammo or components which were not serialized would make you an instant felon. I can see either bills or both passing and getting signed into law, easily. And I hope it falls flat on its' face and other states (or the fed gov't) do not attempt to follow CA's act.

bwiese
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Yes SB357 is far more dangerous than AB352.

If SB357 passes I think you might be able to possess old ammo/bulletes at home but you couldn't transport it. AB352 just makes semiauto guns mark cases.

Text of law is likely to change a bit (conference committee, etc.) if it stays alive.

Write your legiscritters and the Gov. FedEx or Express Mail your letters, that gets a LOT of attention. If you're not a great writer, have a friend look it over for grammar & spelling.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Mike
06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I have a bad feeling that LE will be exempted (via bill amendment) and mfg's will not make a CA blend (like gasoline) available. We'll see.

I can't believe what an uphill battle it is for gun owners here, with all the ridiculous laws on the books and bills being proposed.

Bruce
06-09-2005, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by mike:
I have a bad feeling that LE will be exempted (via bill amendment)

They'd be fools to do so. Any shooting with an un-serialized bullet could or would be blamed on the police.

AR-shogun
06-09-2005, 7:59 PM
Does the DOJ really think that if this is passed the criminals will go out and by serialized ammunition????

Lets get real here. Criminals might not be the brightest bunch but the do not want to get caught. So they add a felony on top of another felony. So what! Criminals don't think about that stuff anyway.

Leon DeGamme
06-09-2005, 9:02 PM
Speaking about getting "REAL", I dont think this has anything to do with criminals, just like the .50cal ban didnt have anything to do with criminals. Of course criminals arent going to use ammo that is registered to them. Technically criminals arent even supposed to buy ANY ammo, serialized or not, right? The law is aimed at you and me. Its just one of many many more laws that are designed with the ultimate goal of disarming this nanny state completely.

AR-shogun
06-10-2005, 8:50 AM
Wow Leon, you really think that they are aiming this law at us? Good for you for reading in between the lines!!! (sorry just a little sarcasm, no offense meant)

My point was to point out the obvious that the this law which they say is aimed at criminals is a farce. Yes it is aimed at us through the back door.

Some where on this site is info on the language of this bill.

Noonanda
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
does this bill now go to the house/assembly since it passed in the senate???