PDA

View Full Version : Glock to introduce adjustable grip models for shotshow 2010?

zchen
06-10-2009, 2:25 PM
Initial report

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/06/09/glock-adjustable-grip-models-announced/

Police supplier GT Distributers announced they received word that Glock is introducing adjustable grip model Glock pistols.

GT Distributers reported that they found out earlier today at the National Association of Police Equipment Distributers (NAPED) conference that Glock announced they will bring out the adjustable grip models later this year, or early next year.
At this time, there are no photos of the new Glock models, and I was unable to reach any Glock officials to confirm this information, as I received this after their offices closed.

Glock led the polymer handgun revolution, but has been criticized by some for not remaining innovative with new designs. The Smith and Wesson M&P has gained back some of the ground it lost to Glock years ago with police departments because of features like interchangeable back straps that allow the user to better fit the gun to his or her hand.

At the 2009 SHOT Show, Glock introduced the RTF pistols, which was the standard Glock with a more aggressive texture on the frame for a better grip and a different pattern of serrations on the slide. While some people like the new texture, many more people were hoping for a more interesting announcement from Glock.

An adjustable grip model Glock is certainly is significant announcement from Glock. What is interesting is that it was made at the NAPED convention. While NAPED is a good choice for Glock to reach the law enforcement market, it clearly does not have the same attendance and press coverage that the SHOT Show would have had. Additionally, just a few weeks ago, the National Rifle Association held its annual meeting, which was well covered by the gun press, and attended by many thousands of firearms enthusiasts.

I hope to have more information in the next few days.

Follow up

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/06/09/glock-adjustable-grip-models-announced/

Pistol-training.com is reporting that they received private confirmation of the new Glock models from another industry professional at the National Association of Police Equipment Distributers (NAPED).

So, despite Glock’s statements, someone at the NAPED conference is saying new adjustable grip Glock’s will be rolling out within a year. It makes me wonder if someone let something “slip” at the convention, and Glock is still putting the new models through testing.

If Glock is developing an adjustable grip pistol, and someone did release the information too soon, this puts Glock in a tough position. They could continue to deny the rumor, and hope no one else leaks additional information.

On the other hand, if they were to announce the new pistol now, they would likely be doing so well in advance of the completion of testing and development of the guns. So, announcing and then failing to deliver could create a major PR debacle.

Pistol-training.com’s source puts the roll-out time around the 2010 SHOT Show, which would seem to make sense.

Pistol-training.com
http://pistol-training.com/archives/1600

Glock Adj Grips Confirmed
10-Jun-09 – 13:33 by ToddG
From a good friend and industry professional attending NAPED, it’s confirmed. Glock is officially informing vendors that adjustable grip versions of some guns will be available … probably around SHOT Show 2010.

Train hard & stay safe! ToddG

trinydex
06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
wish there were some pics...

Legasat
06-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Looks loike the competition FINALLY popped up on Glock's radar.

A welcome change!

ZRT650
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I hope one day you will be able to customize your glock like the mogolian bbq feature on the puma website

Oregonish
06-11-2009, 1:10 PM
now, if they could get a G25 for sale in the USA, then I'd be impressed.

Glock Fan
06-11-2009, 1:15 PM
I just hope the frame does not look ANYTHING like the RTF. IMO that RTF is not very comfy in the hand.

grunz
06-11-2009, 1:58 PM
Good news, but I'm sure the new models wont be on CA's roster... Right?

hybridatsun350
06-11-2009, 2:13 PM
now, if they could get a G25 for sale in the USA, then I'd be impressed.

That's a BATFE issue...

Oregonish
06-11-2009, 2:29 PM
Yeah, but it's still nice to dream right.