PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P345

Glock21Owner
02-11-2005, 3:03 PM
I checked to see if the Ruger P345 was on the approved list, and lo and behold it wasn't. Oddly, the KP345 was. I contacted DOJ Firearms and asked why one was allowed and not the other, and they said that Ruger hadn't submitted one for testing. I told him that the only difference between the two was a stainless vs blued slide, so he said Ruger would have to pay $200 to have it added as it's a only cosmetic difference. Earlier today I called Ruger and spoke with someone who handles California compliance, and they said they'd get back to me. I'm hoping they pursue this because I much prefer a P345 (blued slide) over the KP345.

Glock21Owner
02-11-2005, 3:03 PM
I checked to see if the Ruger P345 was on the approved list, and lo and behold it wasn't. Oddly, the KP345 was. I contacted DOJ Firearms and asked why one was allowed and not the other, and they said that Ruger hadn't submitted one for testing. I told him that the only difference between the two was a stainless vs blued slide, so he said Ruger would have to pay $200 to have it added as it's a only cosmetic difference. Earlier today I called Ruger and spoke with someone who handles California compliance, and they said they'd get back to me. I'm hoping they pursue this because I much prefer a P345 (blued slide) over the KP345.