PDA

View Full Version : Finally saved enough...

podobo
06-10-2009, 9:57 AM
Just picked up a Tactical Elite. I have been wanting a Wilson for many years and when I went into Gun Vault inquiring they said they were expecting one in a few weeks and so I just had to buy it. Not a whole lot of information in way of reviews of this particular model, so I thought I would add my opinions to the mix.

I must say I was not disappointed, the fit and finish on this piece is outstanding. I was quite surprised at how smooth and tight the slide was, it just glides like butter. The trigger pull on this one is very crisp even more so than my Timney on a rifle I have that I thought was very crisp. I first time I pulled the trigger I think my pupils dilated, I was expecting a sweet trigger but was blown away.

I was equally impressed at the little amount of recoil due to the match cone barrel, it is very light compared to other .45's I have owned (some 1911 some not). It was pretty easy to keep on target for follow up shots. I would have included a range report but I must say it shoots far better than I. Maybe after more practice at the 25yrd range I wont feel too embarrassed. My self esteem wished Sunnyvale had a 10yrd and 15yrd as well.

I was also amazed at how easy the ETM magazines were to load, no problem or even any resistance loading in 8 rounds, no soar, cut up thumb. I had zero ftf with anything I fed it so far.

I was a little worried about buyers remorse after investing that much, but I must say my worries faded away after the first shot, it has exceeded my expectations on every level.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/mteager_photo/wilson_te_right.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/mteager_photo/wilson_te_left.jpg

Greg-Dawg
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
How much?

Saigon1965
06-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats - Money well spent - She's one of the best out there -

cineski
06-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice 1911. What's the finish on that?

Sam
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
beautiful 1911, congrats!

Nice 1911. What's the finish on that?

Wilson's proprietary armor-tuff. Out of a few hundred holster presentations I can start to see the steel underneath the very front corners of the slide that are next to the bushing on mine. I was told that even though the finish is wearing off on that part that the finish leaves enough on the steel to protect it from the elements.

podobo
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I think I got a great deal at $3575 after tax&dros, it was well under what a few other local places quoted me, so I jumped. Its their Armor-Tuff finish

mvpatriot
06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
WOW! MUcho DiNeRo!

tom_92673
06-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I just picked up the same pistola. I pick mine up from dros on the 12th. It's at my range though so I have been able to put some rounds through it. You won't be dissapointed.

Buddhabelly
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Just picked up a Tactical Elite. I have been wanting a Wilson for many years and when I went into Gun Vault inquiring they said they were expecting one in a few weeks and so I just had to buy it. Not a whole lot of information in way of reviews of this particular model, so I thought I would add my opinions to the mix.

I must say I was not disappointed, the fit and finish on this piece is outstanding. I was quite surprised at how smooth and tight the slide was, it just glides like butter. The trigger pull on this one is very crisp even more so than my Timney on a rifle I have that I thought was very crisp. I first time I pulled the trigger I think my pupils dilated, I was expecting a sweet trigger but was blown away.

I was equally impressed at the little amount of recoil due to the match cone barrel, it is very light compared to other .45's I have owned (some 1911 some not). It was pretty easy to keep on target for follow up shots. I would have included a range report but I must say it shoots far better than I. Maybe after more practice at the 25yrd range I wont feel too embarrassed. My self esteem wished Sunnyvale had a 10yrd and 15yrd as well.

I was also amazed at how easy the ETM magazines were to load, no problem or even any resistance loading in 8 rounds, no soar, cut up thumb. I had zero ftf with anything I fed it so far.

I was a little worried about buyers remorse after investing that much, but I must say my worries faded away after the first shot, it has exceeded my expectations on every level.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/mteager_photo/wilson_te_right.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/mteager_photo/wilson_te_left.jpg

Congrats. Sounds like you shoot up at SR&GC. I am there mostly tuesday and friday mornings. Say hi if you're there. I shoot an HK and 2 Nighthawks.

APNF128
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Congrats! I myself has (2) Wilson CQB full size and compact for about eight years now and must say have no problem or complain about it. People who have not owned one of these will only say you crazy to spend 5K for two 1911's and my answer to that is you crazy to buy (10) 1911's for $500 each and still not happy about it, and what's worst you expect to shoot 1" at 25yrds? You did the right thing saving the money and buy only one high quality 1911 and you will be satisfied for many years to come just like me.