PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

WSMC633
06-09-2009, 3:23 PM
Been Lurking here for awhile but thought I would finally introduce myself.

When I was considerably younger I did a little target shooting with friends and their dads. But not much else since.

After having a few encounters with this city's wonderful inhabitants I decided to get a handgun for protection. Ever since then I've gotten really into target shooting and firearms have become a fun hobby for me and many of my friends.

Though I'm sure I have some beliefs that don't line up with a lot of people's here, I am a safe, responsible shooter and believe strongly in the 2nd amendment. So I'm sure we can agree on that.

It would be great to make some new friends on here and get out do some shooting, and hopefully learn a few things along the way.

My current hardware is:
an XD45, a 10/22, a Savage 10fp, and thanks to all the info here I now have an AR-15. :)

Seesm
06-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Welcome.... Wsmc like Willow Springs?

WSMC633
06-10-2009, 9:49 AM
Thanks. And Yep WSMC as in Willow Springs. Though I haven't made it out this season or most of last. Starting a proper business in an awful economy has put a serious dent in my Racing funds! :banghead:

Turbinator
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome aboard, sounds like you might have some stories to tell with regards to those "run ins" with local inhabitants...??

Turby

WSMC633
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard, sounds like you might have some stories to tell with regards to those "run ins" with local inhabitants...??

Turby

Sure I'd Love to share!

Fun Experience number 1:
My girl and I (along with 15 other people) Got robbed at gunpoint while hanging out at our favorite little neighborhood bar. By 4 lazy worthless pieces of crap. Having some scum bag pointing a gun a someone you love isn't something you should have to experience. All told they got about $200 to split between them and their driver. I can only hope they end up in prison or worse over $50 each.

Wonderful Experience Number 2:
Within 1 week of moving into our new house, a few folks were kind enough to break the bedroom window and liberate us of all kinds of possessions. I know I scared them off when I came home.

So from then on We've become much more vigilant with protecting ourselves and our possessions. Also we've really learned to become more aware of our surroundings etc.

Turbinator
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow. Horrible experiences, to say the least. Glad you have taken steps to secure your safety going forward.

In scenario #1 - 15 people got robbed? Geez. Talk about ballsy.

For scenario #2 - hope you get a dog or a home alarm system as part of your front line defense.

It truly is a shame that in today's day and age, we have to be so vigilant about our own safety, but I guess that's just how it is going to be forever.

Turby

rumblebee
06-10-2009, 3:58 PM
See..this would never happen in Texas! :D (serious note...that's aweful)

Welcome :)

Sure I'd Love to share!

Fun Experience number 1:
My girl and I (along with 15 other people) Got robbed at gunpoint while hanging out at our favorite little neighborhood bar. By 4 lazy worthless pieces of crap. Having some scum bag pointing a gun a someone you love isn't something you should have to experience. All told they got about $200 to split between them and their driver. I can only hope they end up in prison or worse over $50 each.

Wonderful Experience Number 2:
Within 1 week of moving into our new house, a few folks were kind enough to break the bedroom window and liberate us of all kinds of possessions. I know I scared them off when I came home.

So from then on We've become much more vigilant with protecting ourselves and our possessions. Also we've really learned to become more aware of our surroundings etc.

WSMC633
06-10-2009, 6:42 PM
Wow. Horrible experiences, to say the least. Glad you have taken steps to secure your safety going forward.

In scenario #1 - 15 people got robbed? Geez. Talk about ballsy.

They definitely had the element of surprise. I heard they had hit just about every bar and restaurant in the valley over a couple years. I guess it's almost a part time job for them.

For scenario #2 - hope you get a dog or a home alarm system as part of your front line defense.

We've taken some steps as deterrents and front line warning/defense.

It truly is a shame that in today's day and age, we have to be so vigilant about our own safety, but I guess that's just how it is going to be forever.

Turby

Sure seems to be the way these days. I'll never understand the mentality of "You have more than me, so it's ok for me to take it from".
How about working hard and earning it like the rest of us?!

I have no sympathy for thieves etc. Hell I know someone who grew up in a crappy apartment with with siblings and drug addicted mother. Worked their *** off to pull themselves out of it, and is very successful now. I'm sorry if your life sucks, but do something positive about it instead of being a worthless piece of crap.

Ok, Rant over :43:

WSMC633
06-10-2009, 6:43 PM
Hey Look! The forum automatically censors "***"

azn_132
06-10-2009, 8:14 PM
Hey Look! The forum automatically censors "***"
Don't most forums do???

Turbinator
06-11-2009, 4:37 PM
I have no sympathy for thieves etc.

Me neither, and your example is a prime one where someone took control of his / her life and decided to make it better. That is the right way to go.

Welcome again and may we all stay safe.

Turby

mrlonewolf
06-11-2009, 7:27 PM
Welcome aboard

WSMC633
06-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Hopefully I'll get to meet some folks at the range sooner than later. :)