PDA

View Full Version : Mod Search

Kestryll
06-09-2009, 9:00 AM
Well, it seems that some have a problem reading the rules and want to come in here to bash. The Staff does a good job of trying to keep things in line but sometimes it's just better to have someone who is on site and has personal knowledge of the environment.

With this in mind I want to hear from the LEO members who post in and use this forum who among you do you think would be a good Mod for the LEO forum.

My criteria for a Mod is fairly simple.
You need to be able to leave your opinions, emotions and sensitivity at the door.
What needs to be applied is the rules, not hurt feeling or offended pride.
You need to use discretion, sometimes the rules don't say just what to do or they say something but it just doesn't fit what's actually happening.
You need to NOT have a history of jumping in to the fray and matching problem for problem or instigating and prodding the issue.

In short, a Mod needs to be fair, impartial, logical rather then emotional and know when giving a small nudge and hint is the better course instead of a knockout blow.

So, which LEO in this forum do you think fit the bill?
I'd like to get three possibles and then let the Staff review them to pick the LEO mod.
That's one reason I'm picky, I trust my Staff's judgment and opinions completely.

goathead
06-13-2009, 8:20 PM
i vote for ron-solo

SVT-40
06-13-2009, 9:22 PM
If you need a volunteer, I'll give it a try.

I know guys we were all told "never volunteer" for anything. But seeing I'm retired and have some spare time what the heck.

As far as following the rules.... Sir yes Sir. As written.

Triad
06-14-2009, 12:36 AM
I spend 90% of my time in here anyway, if you are looking for some assistance I'll toss my name in the hat.

:)

SkyStorm82
06-14-2009, 4:04 AM
retired?

retired
06-14-2009, 8:06 PM
retired?

Thank you sir, I appreciate the vote of confidence no matter who is selected.:)

CaliTheKid
06-15-2009, 8:25 PM
Ron-Solo, SVT-40, Retired, FireintheHole, Triad. All are good choices. I'd like to see the spot go to a cop.

sorensen440
06-15-2009, 8:33 PM
retired?
I'm not LEO but I would like to second this

Retired has kept a pleasant attitude in the past even while we were disagreeing on a subject

Beatone
06-15-2009, 8:43 PM
I''d say give retired a try. Seems to be level headed.

sgtbuck
06-15-2009, 8:59 PM
Retired is a good guy he has my vote. :thumbsup:

retired
06-15-2009, 9:09 PM
Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone, I certainly appreciate it, no matter who is selected.

Matt C
06-15-2009, 9:11 PM
I don't know if it helps or hurts but another vote for retired.

TenSeven
06-16-2009, 12:47 AM
<-- Is an injury-retired LEO from LASD.

With utmost respect to the other current/retied LEO's that have the fortitude to post on this board (of the boards I visit, this one is the second-worst re: LEO hate), I'd like to nominate username "retired" as a mod.

Go Bill Go! :)

thedrickel
06-16-2009, 12:58 AM
retired

bubbagump
06-16-2009, 1:07 AM
Retired

SkyStorm82
06-16-2009, 6:49 AM
So when's the deadline anyway?

chickenfried
06-16-2009, 6:57 AM
Piper

1911su16b870
06-16-2009, 7:56 AM
I love the fact that so many calgunnies have volunteered! That is why this forum is so awesome!

Fire in the Hole
06-16-2009, 8:12 AM
I think that we are headed in the right direction, and have noticed a vast improvement in just the last week or so. I suspect that many other CALGUNS forum members that would pop over briefly to voice their hatred, or distrust of LEO's feel deprived of what they reallt truely thought was suppose to be a designated Cop Bashing Forum, despite the rules, which I also think never got read or taken literally. I am a little bit surprised to learn that apparently Kestryll did not have an LEO assigned to moderate this forum. I guess I just assumed he had. Doesn't matter though, the positive steps are now in place, and I am confident that only good things are in store for us.

Cheers.

Stubby
06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
I have known retired for several years now. He has the ability to be fair and impartial and I have no doubt whatsoever he will be an excellent moderator if chosen for the position

Ron-Solo
06-19-2009, 9:46 PM
I worked patrol with 'Retired' years ago, and in spite of that :D I vote for him.

In all seriousness, I'd work with him again anytime. We had some fun back then. We even did physical therapy at the same place while recovering from injuries. I was fortunate to be able to go back to work.

retired
06-19-2009, 9:55 PM
Thanks for that Ron-Solo. Yes, we did have some good times together and I'd work with you anytime also. I had forgotten about our mutual PT until you mentioned it. Take care.

paladin4415
06-20-2009, 6:53 AM
Retired sounds good to me.

madhatter
06-21-2009, 2:33 PM
I am voiting for Retired! He is a good guy......but I have to say that because he is my Uncle:43:

SkyStorm82
06-21-2009, 2:37 PM
I think there should be two though.

How often are you on here retired?

retired
06-21-2009, 4:21 PM
I think there should be two though.

How often are you on here retired?

I was thinking the same thing SkyStorm, but of course that is Kestryll's decision.

I'm on Calguns a couple of times a day and usually for some time since I have the time and enjoy it. At night (late), I am usually on for a couple of hours, tho I'm not on the LEO forum exclusively.

Every time I log on, I hit the LEO forum first to check any old and new threads. I sometimes post and then go to one of the other forums and check back every so often to see if there is anything new.

Smart decision nephew.lol

masameet
06-21-2009, 8:55 PM
Well, the old Romans went with a triumvirate. Worked for them for a while. lol

If my vote counted, I'd go with Fire in the Hole, retired and topgun7. But then somebody might complain lol that LA-area LEOs were overrepresented on CG. And they'd probably be right.

anthonyca
06-21-2009, 9:04 PM
Retired has always been respectful when not in agreement and seems like a good guy.

Kestryll
06-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Well it looks like we have a pretty clear cut choice!

Foregoing all common wisdom retired has volunteered to help Moderate this forum, may the Lord have mercy on his typing fingers.. :D

If you all think a second would help and retired would want the backup, and who doesn't want backup, let's hear the input for #2.

Thanks for stepping up retired!

Saigon1965
06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
We need to change "Retired" 's screen name now - He'll be awake 24/7 working -

CaliTheKid
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd vote Ron-Solo for #2 Mod. Let's get he and Retired 10-8 on Calguns lol.

retired
06-22-2009, 1:14 PM
I would like to thank everyone here who suggested I would be a good moderator; I appreciate that and will do my best to live up to those expectations.

I also thank Kestryll and the moderators for selecting me and will do my best to show their trust in me was not misdirected. I have some things to review that Kestryll sent me, so please give me a little time to get up to speed.

I wanted to reply first due to the mention of a second moderator. I agree that a second one would be appropriate and I will certainly appreciate the "backup."

While everyone is going forth with their recommendations to Kestryll, I can take the time to review what I need to. Thanks again everyone.

retired

Fire in the Hole
06-22-2009, 3:22 PM
Retired, I couldn't have hand picked a finer moderator than you. I predict great things for you and this forum as you find your "sea legs."

Doheny
06-22-2009, 9:35 PM
I'm not a LEO, but Retired seems like a stand up guy and will do good mod work in all the forums (I'm assuming if you're a mod, you're a mod in all the forums?)

Ron-Solo
06-22-2009, 9:43 PM
I'd vote Ron-Solo for #2 Mod. Let's get he and Retired 10-8 on Calguns lol.

Thanks for the support, but I really don't think I have the patience for it, plus I don't get on as often as I like.

Aloha,

Ron

Blue
06-22-2009, 9:57 PM
I'm not LEO but I would like to second this

Retired has kept a pleasant attitude in the past even while we were disagreeing on a subject

+1

Plus, he's retired so he's got plenty of free time :D

ivanimal
06-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I would like to thank everyone here who suggested I would be a good moderator; I appreciate that and will do my best to live up to those expectations.

I also thank Kestryll and the moderators for selecting me and will do my best to show their trust in me was not misdirected. I have some things to review that Kestryll sent me, so please give me a little time to get up to speed.

I wanted to reply first due to the mention of a second moderator. I agree that a second one would be appropriate and I will certainly appreciate the "backup."

While everyone is going forth with their recommendations to Kestryll, I can take the time to review what I need to. Thanks again everyone.

retired
That there is Mod material. I have had many conversations with retired in PM and although I abstained from the voting I commend the choice.:)

retired
06-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you sir for that.

Blue
06-22-2009, 10:18 PM
So when does his membership status change? Or does he have to go thru mod bootcamp first?

goathead
07-30-2009, 5:05 PM
what happen to the 2nd mod choice

thedrickel
04-08-2010, 12:42 AM
I want to amend my vote, I think the LEO forum mod should be restricted to moderating this forum only.