PDA

View Full Version : speeders!!!

serkerone
06-07-2009, 6:42 PM
i always wondered what do you guys look for when you see people speeding??

EG: theres 3 cars a white honda civic[trashed condition], a red mustang [raced out], or a blue mercedes c230[stock]
theyre all speeding, do you go for the first one u see or do you go for the most expensive car out of the group?

yzernie
06-07-2009, 6:44 PM
I go for the one leading the pack.

J-cat
06-07-2009, 6:46 PM
I don't do traffic, but if I did, I'd go for the trashed civic. It prolly has a dope smoking turd inside.

REDHORSE
06-07-2009, 6:50 PM
Which car are you driving? :driving::cool2: :43: ;)

SkyStorm82
06-07-2009, 7:01 PM
I don't do traffic, but if I did, I'd go for the trashed civic. It prolly has a dope smoking turd inside.

Yup...me too.

Regulus
06-07-2009, 7:37 PM
Light them up then chase the first one that runs. :thumbsup:

If not :( probably the tricked out Mustang or the Mercedes as they are likely the ones providing the dope to the turds in the Honda. :43:

tyrist
06-07-2009, 7:45 PM

Yup...and probably has some warrants.

J-cat
06-07-2009, 7:59 PM
or some dope, or maybe he's on parole, the possibilities are endless ;)

BigDogatPlay
06-07-2009, 8:12 PM
Yup...and probably has some warrants.

+1... delapidated condition of car is not always indicative of a warrant, but it worked quite well for me.

More often than not, whoever is out front or whoever I can catch easiest and safest is the one I would keep.

SVT-40
06-07-2009, 8:23 PM
Why limit yourself to just one!! Go for all three. Just get ahead of them and on go all the lights. when they pull to the right you stop in front of them and get them all. Traffic conditions permitting of course!!!

If I could only get one probably the first one I could catch up to.

J-cat
06-07-2009, 8:33 PM
Why limit yourself to just one!! Go for all three. Just get ahead of them and on go all the lights.

Because risking your safety isn't worth it.

Ron-Solo
06-07-2009, 8:42 PM
Depends on the condition of the unit I'm driving. May have to go for the honda by default..............had a POS once that couldn't catch a quick moped......had to turn off my lights because I couldn't keep up with traffic.........hehehehe

TRICKSTER
06-07-2009, 8:52 PM
Why limit yourself to just one!! Go for all three. Just get ahead of them and on go all the lights. when they pull to the right you stop in front of them and get them all. Traffic conditions permitting of course!!!

Because this is what happens.

Officer to Dispatch: "11-95 on three"

Dispatch to Officer: "Your clear code 7""

serkerone
06-07-2009, 9:03 PM
hmm pretty interesting, i was feeling that the civic or mustang would be favored

jafount
06-07-2009, 9:21 PM
Wait and watch. One is going to prove themselves more aggressive than the others. Threading the needle from lane change to lane change, etc. Then pluck that one for being stupid.

SVT-40
06-07-2009, 9:25 PM
Because risking your safety isn't worth it.

As I said, traffic conditions permitting. Everything is a risk in police work. Just minimize the chances as best you can. Yes, officer safety permitting also.

SVT-40
06-07-2009, 9:26 PM
Because this is what happens.

Officer to Dispatch: "11-95 on three"

Dispatch to Officer: "Your clear code 7""

Ha, probably true. Or they would find a 459 or other boring report for you to take at that time.

retired
06-09-2009, 5:14 PM

You would actually pull in front a car (s) you intended to stop.:eek: I know from watching "Cops" (and I only mention that show for this point), some officers in other states will do that and also pull alongside someone they are chasing to yell at them to stop. I hold my breath everytime I see that, thinking they are going to get shot or forced off the road. I didn't really think any le agency in Ca. trained their officers to do that type of traffic stop.

I agree with you that everything is a risk in police work and you do what you have to to minimize that risk. Pulling in front of 3 cars or even 1 car that you intend to stop is, IMHO, a high risk situation that should never be done. You are at a distinct disadvantage safety wise and do not even have the engine between you and them if the SHTF.

Furthermore, you are now approaching them from the front, where they have the additional advantage of watching you, not the other way around.

I, initially thought you were joking in your first post, but after reading your reply to J-cat, I see that you are not. I sincerely hope you stay safe out there.

ETA: I just read the lasd thread and recalled you are a member of the dept. Is that what they are teaching now. I sure hope not. I do not mean any disrespect to you personally SVT-40, but I cannot agree with you in this matter.

Fire in the Hole
06-09-2009, 5:23 PM

Because my friend, that's like hearding chickens.