PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 41

dfletcher
06-06-2009, 9:08 PM
Has anyone had any luck finding a set of concealment type grips for the five shot 2.5" barreled Taurus medium framed revolvers? I have a scandium 41 Magnum and the factory and Hogue grips are too big for concealed carry.

The gun has a square stud similar to the Ruger SP101 & the GP100. Problem is, I can't see those as being refitted because everything I've found is one piece - would have to be split and reglued.

Anyone else got one of these guns, any suggestions for grips?

maxicon
06-08-2009, 8:19 AM
I see Taurus grips at reasonable prices on ebay all the time. Best bet is to search on taurus grips - there aren't usually all that many listed, and you can skim past the 1911 grips. If you know what different models share the same grips, search for that as well.

I've found that Taurus grips often require a bit of fitting from one gun to another, but they rarely cost more than $20-30, so it's not too big a gamble.

dfletcher
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
The only Taurus gun that shares this grip frame is the Tracker and most of those grips are too big. I went to the Taurus forum and tracking down suitable grips for this & the other shorty big bores (44 & 45) is a continuing discussion.

Good news is I did find a company that makes them & sells on line. Bad news is it's Nill grips & they start at $120.00 a pair - even then I'd have to do some filing & sanding as the grips are fairly large.

I think a large caliber medium frame 5 shot is a great concealed carry choice especially when the gun is all titanium, weighs about 14 oz. Offering a set of grips suitable for concealement seems like a no brainer.