PDA

View Full Version : How many guns a month/year?

45user
06-06-2009, 8:41 PM
I have a quick question for you guys,
I am trying to sell 3-4 of my guns (pistols & rifles) to purchase 2-3 pistols & rifles in a near future (basically just a change in interest). How many guns can I sell legally in a month/year. And How many guns can i legally purchase a month/year?
Thank you,

lorax3
06-07-2009, 1:12 AM
I have a quick question for you guys,
I am trying to sell 3-4 of my guns (pistols & rifles) to purchase 2-3 pistols & rifles in a near future (basically just a change in interest). How many guns can I sell legally in a month/year. And How many guns can i legally purchase a month/year?
Thank you,

There is no number limit on buying or selling long guns in CA. According to PC 12070 you can only be the seller in less then 6 handgun transactions, without becoming a dealer.
You can only buy one handgun every 30 days from a dealer. PPT's from other CA residents do not count toward the 1/30 day limit.

scr83jp
06-07-2009, 10:40 AM
There is no number limit on buying or selling long guns in CA. According to PC 12070 you can only be the seller in less then 6 handgun transactions, without becoming a dealer.
You can only buy one handgun every 30 days from a dealer. PPT's from other CA residents do not count toward the 1/30 day limit.Our ffl dealer started buying a handgun every 6 days for about 7 months which triggered a visit by the state & feds who asked him what he was doing,he had to remind them he was a state licensed ffl dealer & it was legal for him to makesthese purchases,they left.When he closed up the shop and turned in his license he took all of his weapons to his new home in a state w/o the restrictive rules and regs of calif.

45user
06-07-2009, 5:58 PM
Got ya. I will probably end up selling three pistols and 1-2 rifles at the most to fund another gun.
Thanks all.
Brian