View Full Version : Dean Safe Co.

08-17-2005, 3:31 PM
Antbody have any dealings with Dean Safe Co. in Arleta ?? good, bad, indeferent ??

08-17-2005, 4:07 PM
I was tempted to order a large Ft. Knox safe from them several years ago. (I am in San Jose, they are down somewhere near LA.)

I particularly liked Ft Knox safes because I could get a high-end safe with the low-end 'textured granite' finish, which I really like - no fingerprints, doesn't chip, etc.

Dean could not arrange a delivery that would take the safe into my home, down the stairs, etc. - all they could do is drop it off at my garage door.

About the same time, a batch of larger Nat'l Security Magnum safes popped up at my local Liberty dealer and I went with that (plus they handled my trade of my prior Liberty safe)

Bill Wiese
San Jose

08-17-2005, 4:46 PM
I dealt with Dean Safe when I bought my Champion and they had no problem bringing it up two flights of stairs at my house (extra charge but still no problem doing it). I live in Los Angeles which for them is a local delievery so I wonder if that's the difference between our experiences. Also-- they are great about servicing the safe for "life". I would have no problem using them again.

08-17-2005, 5:14 PM
I got mine from Dean's and the price was good. But get everything you want in it or on it when you buy it and no matter what they say, don't believe it when they tell you they will give you a deal later on accessories.

I bought one with a combo lock and wanted a digital lock when I bought it, they told me no problem it will be about $100 to $150.00 installed just let us know. I went back in and the manager treated me like dirt and want $350.00 for the lock and said maybe it will work but I would be better off buying a new safe?
I bought a digital lock from a company at the Shot show and it fit with hand tools.
Buyer beware

08-18-2005, 6:35 PM
I am also a Dean customer. I bought a 30"x60"x28" Cannon T27. Overall I was satisfied with my experience. I think it helped that I had a good idea of what I wanted, otherwise they would have tried to sell me what they thought I needed (no "bad" on their part). Delivery was on time and no hassle. By "on time" I mean within the "window" of delivery times for which they have you scheduled.

As far as their customer service goes, I had a problem with my safe and they responded promptly and courteously.

Good luck!

08-18-2005, 8:27 PM
I bought a Fort Knox from them a few years ago with no problems. I had it delivered down to Orange County and set up in house. No problems what so ever.

08-19-2005, 8:02 AM
Thanks for the replys guys, I think I will stop by there this weekend if time permits.

08-22-2005, 5:22 PM
They're good people over at Dean's. And Dean the owner served in Vietnam and is a fine fellow.

08-25-2005, 12:41 AM
My Wife and I bought a Sentry Safe from Dean's back in 2001. Good price, coutreous salesperson, and no problems.