PDA

View Full Version : 50 BMG brass legal/not legal?

crank
07-30-2005, 7:29 PM
I will poll the masses here and ask. Is 50 BMG brass also covered by the regulations that will clamp down on loaded ammo. I wish to know because I am debating whether or not to keep the brass I have ratholed back home. If it is not regulated I think I will bring it out here to sell off because it will be some time before I can get around to building a big wildcat (ie. .416 bore)I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks
Mark

Mssr. Eleganté
07-30-2005, 8:01 PM
I don't think there are any regulations on 50BMG ammo in California, just on rifles that will chamber it.

crank
07-31-2005, 8:23 AM
Thank you for the response. Now I guess I can put some brass up for sale once it shows up. I wish I had time and money to build something but I guess it will have to wait until I can set up my shop again.

leo@csuhayward.edu
08-02-2005, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by Amendment II:
I don't think there are any regulations on 50BMG ammo in California, just on rifles that will chamber it.

well besides that you CANT own the armor piercing, the incendiary, the tracer rounds...

yes, only the ball ammo... http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

50 Shooter
08-03-2005, 7:20 AM
YES, you can own the AP. It's not banned because there are no pistols chambered for .50 BMG. If there was then it would be gone and you are correct about the tracer and all the other fun stuff.

leo@csuhayward.edu
08-04-2005, 7:28 PM
correction...

i CANT buy AP ammo from anyone...

Mssr. Eleganté
08-04-2005, 8:21 PM
i CANT buy AP ammo from anyone

Why not? Is it too expensive? When The Traders in San Leandro was selling it they only charged a little bit more than regular .50 BMG Ball.

Or is it that all of the surplus ammo dealers are out of .50 BMG AP? You can still buy it from some of the specialty dealers, but they charge close to $3 per round.

.50 BMG AP pulled bullets are still available all over the place if you want to reload your own ammo.