PDA

View Full Version : recommend a good gunsmith

StrangeBrew
02-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Hello, i recently got all the parts i need to build a california legal FAl and was wondering if anyone knew of any Gunsmiths in the bay area that would be able to put together a FAL. Thanks

StrangeBrew
02-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Hello, i recently got all the parts i need to build a california legal FAl and was wondering if anyone knew of any Gunsmiths in the bay area that would be able to put together a FAL. Thanks

icormba
02-05-2005, 1:14 PM
Hey there StrangeBrew!
I don't know any local smiths around, but there is CGW that you already know about that seems to be pretty good.
as you might remember, I'm doing mine myself and started about 1 1/2 months ago & I'm still not done. However, I just got the barrel timed and I just need to do the headspacing and the perm 10 rd. mag attachment and I'm off to the range.
good luck to you, hopefully you will find a good one near by.

StrangeBrew
02-05-2005, 8:06 PM
actaully i talked to the guys at diablo valley gunworks, its a local place nearby and they said they dont do the builds themselves but they could send mine to a place in LA and repark it for me.

jared@barringtons.com
02-06-2005, 5:58 PM
I MAY not be able to instal your barrel to your receiver, but I can do the rest for you if you bring it on down here. I'me in the Sacramento area.