PDA

View Full Version : IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED!

javalos
06-03-2009, 6:25 PM
IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED!

SB585 would stop gun shows at the Cow Palace near San Francisco!

It would do this not because of any problems with illegal activities at the shows, but because its sponsors don't like guns and think that gun shows "send the wrong message".

But they don't think that other kinds of Cow Palace shows like RAVE concerts are a problem, or send the wrong message, and they say that people who attend those events have first amendment rights (but apparently not the people who go to gun shows!!!).

SB585 (Leno) would ban the sale of ammunition and firearms at the state owned Cow Palace exposition facility near San Francisco. It would have the result of banning all gun shows held there, and will very likely be used as a precedent for banning gun shows at publicly owned facilities throughout the state!

Buying a firearm at a gun show is no different than going to a firearms dealer's store. Background checks and waiting periods are required for purchases at gun shows just like at a gun store. SB585 is an attempt by anti-gun extremists to find more creative ways to discourage people from owning firearms! Like most such bills, it would have no impact on criminals, just on lawful individuals!

SB585 is on the Senate Floor and will be voted upon this week!

It is critical that all Senators be immediately contacted!

Those who have access to a computer can log onto http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html to obtain contact information for all legislators. All have e-mail addresses listed, although it is much better to make personal contact with them or, if necessary, with their office staff. Their phone numbers and regular mailing addresses are also listed

Your help in saving California gun shows is very much appreciated!

*** CRPA ***

The California Rifle and Pistol Association "CRPA," founded in 1875, is dedicated to defending the rights of law-abiding citizens to responsibly use firearms for self-defense and the defense of their loved ones, for sport, and for all other legal activities. CRPA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. A California non-profit association, CRPA is independently directed by its own Board of Directors. CRPA's members include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, professionals, firearm experts, the general public, and loving parents. CRPA has always worked to reduce the criminal misuse of firearms and firearms accidents, while actively promoting and organizing the competitive shooting sports and Olympic training programs in California. We are proud to say that many CRPA competitors are among the best in the world.

For a list of Assembly&/or Senate members and their contact information, please access them via www.sen.ca.gov and www.assembly.ca.gov/acs

high_revs
06-03-2009, 7:13 PM
I sent a fax to all the state senators using a fax server. After a few hours of trying, I received non-delivery notice on all of them for the reason of:
Error detected on last attempt:
All lines to the dialed number were consistently busy.

Guess everyone is active today. I'll try again myself.

Librarian
06-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks. Main thread for SB 585 is
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=189139

It's relatively low-profile, compared to AB 962.

When posting about California bills, it is important to put the bill number in the thread title.

And if NRA would put the bill numbers in the subject lines of their emails, that would be easier to do.

cousinkix1953
06-03-2009, 11:54 PM
When do they ban those raves and the illegal felony drug trafficking at the Cow Palace? The DEA raided that place on Memorial Day weekend. Federal agents don't get excited over a few joints; but thse guys were selling the hard stuff too. The state is not obligated to provide the criminals with a public facility for conducting illegal activity. Here is your crime problem and it's about time that Sacramento gets a wake up call...

liketoshoot
06-04-2009, 6:21 AM
Our Gov. has put Cow Place up for sale, let get together and buy it and do our own shows there.

Untamed1972
06-04-2009, 8:04 AM
"It would do this not because of any problems with illegal activities at the shows, but because its sponsors don't like guns and think that gun shows "send the wrong message".

I would contend then if it is "the message" they are trying to ban then does that not make this a 1A issue does it not?

Untamed1972
06-04-2009, 8:05 AM
When do they ban those raves and the illegal felony drug trafficking at the Cow Palace? The DEA raided that place on Memorial Day weekend. Federal agents don't get excited over a few joints; but thse guys were selling the hard stuff too. The state is not obligated to provide the criminals with a public facility for conducting illegal activity. Here is your crime problem and it's about time that Sacramento gets a wake up call...

Yeah....and then contrast that with the number of arrests that occur at any given gun show. absolutely obsurd!

cousinkix1953
06-04-2009, 4:00 PM
"It would do this not because of any problems with illegal activities at the shows, but because its sponsors don't like guns and think that gun shows "send the wrong message".

I would contend then if it is "the message" they are trying to ban then does that not make this a 1A issue does it not?
Cocaine and speed don't send the wrong message? Don't these morons realize that a bad batch of ecstasy can kill somebody as dead as a bullet?

cousinkix1953
06-04-2009, 4:02 PM
Yeah....and then contrast that with the number of arrests that occur at any given gun show. absolutely obsurd!
Exactly my point. Anti-gun zealots really don't care about criminal activity on public property or they would be pizzed about drug dealers in the neighborhood too. I sent a note to GOC hoping maybe that at least one senator might drop the rave ban on Leno's head. Taxpayers are not obligated to provide drug dealers with a public building, where they can comment a deluge of felonies and bring on the DEA.

How ironic, that a gun show ban is being promoted by a gay pothead senator; who wants to legalize weed and tax it at $50 per ounce, so he can continue to spend $$$ like a drunken sailor...