PDA

View Full Version : Norinco Mak 90 Consign.

WFAInc
06-03-2009, 3:09 PM
I have a customer that has a Norinco Mak 90 with the proper paperwork who wants to sell on cosignment. Is this a firearm that I can place on cosign or does he have to sell as a PPT or can he even sell it at all?

goober
06-03-2009, 3:12 PM
I have a customer that has a Norinco Mak 90 with the proper paperwork who wants to sell on cosignment. Is this a firearm that I can place on cosign or does he have to sell as a PPT or can he even sell it at all?

Mak90 is a named AW. Can't sell it. By proper paperwork you mean its registered, hopefully. Otherwise the customer is playing w/ fire.

WFAInc
06-03-2009, 3:36 PM
Mak90 is a named AW. Can't sell it. By proper paperwork you mean its registered, hopefully. Otherwise the customer is playing w/ fire.

Yes it is registered and are you saying I can't sell as cosign or he can't sell it period.

bohoki
06-03-2009, 3:46 PM
whoa are you an ffl?

CSACANNONEER
06-03-2009, 3:48 PM
Even if you are an FFL, you need to have a Ca AW permit in order to ship it to an out of state FFL. He can not sell it in California unless he sell it to a LEO with the right paperwork and the sale goes through a CA AW permit holding FFL.

goober
06-03-2009, 3:54 PM
Yes it is registered and are you saying I can't sell as cosign or he can't sell it period.

Even if you are an FFL, you need to have a Ca AW permit in order to ship it to an out of state FFL. He can not sell it in California unless he sell it to a LEO with the right paperwork and the sale goes through a CA AW permit holding FFL.
^this

WFAInc
06-03-2009, 3:55 PM

I am an FFL w/o a CA AW permit. I will advise my customer that he will have to find another avenue to sell his weapon.

Thank you everyone for the information.

WFAInc
06-03-2009, 3:58 PM
whoa are you an ffl?

Yes I am an FFL with questions as certain situations arise.

sacshooter1
06-07-2009, 7:29 PM
Better to ask the question then suffer the consequences.

Gator Monroe
06-07-2009, 7:42 PM
Send him to Bright spot ?:confused:

tonelar
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
can't the owner legally sell it on gunbroker? just he has to sell it to someone outside Cali, right?

Mssr. Eleganté
06-15-2009, 6:38 AM
can't the owner legally sell it on gunbroker? just he has to sell it to someone outside Cali, right?

Yes, but he would have to take it out of state himself to ship/deliver it to the buyer's FFL or process it through a California FFL that has an A/W permit. He can't just ship it to an out of state FFL like he could do with regular firearms.

gunrun45
06-16-2009, 6:08 PM
If you are a AW permit holder FFL in CA you can sell the gun on consignment. I highly recomend that you have a LEO crowd that frequents your buisness OR you intend to broker it out of state for him. Otherwise it will sit on your shelf forever...

AW's can not be pawned by law in CA though.