PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Certified Instructor

djbooya
06-03-2009, 3:05 PM
I need to become one so I can do the handy dandy safety demos for handgun transfers in the nor cal area. Can anyone recommend the most economical way of obtaining the cert? The application lists several ways, but I was hoping to get a quick short list / easy list from those that have completed it already so I can get it done while I'm waiting for my CFD to be completed.

Thanks for any input,

WFAInc
06-03-2009, 3:43 PM
I need to become one so I can do the handy dandy safety demos for handgun transfers in the nor cal area. Can anyone recommend the most economical way of obtaining the cert? The application lists several ways, but I was hoping to get a quick short list / easy list from those that have completed it already so I can get it done while I'm waiting for my CFD to be completed.

Thanks for any input,

Maybe this will help.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/hscinfo.php

rkt88edmo
06-03-2009, 4:02 PM
NRA pistol instructor route is pretty easy, $150-$250 or so plus about 16-20 hours of your time if you can find a class near you.

leelaw
06-03-2009, 4:07 PM
NRA pistol instructor route is pretty easy, $150-$250 or so plus about 16-20 hours of your time if you can find a class near you.

For a COE instructor, it's more like 4 hours and $75.

Franksremote
06-04-2009, 1:40 PM
For a COE instructor, it's more like 4 hours and $75.

+1 Tidwell taught the class I attended up here.

Frank

garandguy10
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I got mine from the DOJ, Iggy himself was my instructor, it was free......

Jamez
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Just got my DOJ cert last month.
You don't specifically be an NRA pistol instructor. I have both pistol and rifle but my pistol credentials haven't shown up so i got my DOJ using rifle.
Fill out the form, send in the Instructor certificate you get about a week after your credentials post and $14 and a week later you get your DOJ stuff in the mail.

+2 for Tidwell.
I got my rifle cert through him in March or April. Had a blast and stayed at the hotel on the other side of the highway (Biltmore?)

For pistol I went to Lowell, great guy and works with the Boy Scouts which is what I'm trying to get into.