PDA

View Full Version : A2 Bird Cage Flash Hider Legal? (Fixed Mag)

BunMaster
06-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey guys. Sorry to bother but I don't know what to enter in the search field to answer this. It should be a quick one.

I have a standard AR-15 with a bullet button mag lock. I swear I read somewhere that you can only have 3 evil features on the rifle with this set up, is that true or was I just seeing things?

Can I have an A2 bird cage flash hider regardless if the above is true or not? (as in, is it legal to even have one installed and functional?)

I traced the calguns flowchart and found nothing to say that I can't have as many evil things on my gun as possible with a mag lock in place.

Thanks guys!

NSR500
06-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Fixed Mag builds have no limit on evil features. Just keep it legal length, 922r compliant, and follow the rest of Federal & State laws.

trilogy
06-03-2009, 1:34 AM
(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following: (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

The A2 Bird Cage is a "flash suppressor" but since you have a fixed mag you can have all the evil features that you want.

--Matt

Dr Rockso
06-03-2009, 9:18 AM
The A2 Bird Cage is a "flash suppressor" but since you have a fixed mag you can have all the evil features that you want.
I recommend several (3 or more) vertical foregrips to maximize the evilness of your AR.

NSR500
06-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I recommend several (3 or more) vertical foregrips to maximize the evilness of your AR.

Why stop the evil there? Put on 3 bayonets for good measure!

(Although bayonets are not an evil feature, it sure does look evil!)

sjwolf
06-04-2009, 6:50 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've been trying to find the length of the Birdcage flash hider. Is it long enough to bring a 14.5" up to 16"?

PolishMike
06-04-2009, 7:00 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've been trying to find the length of the Birdcage flash hider. Is it long enough to bring a 14.5" up to 16"?

No.

peepshowal
06-04-2009, 8:31 AM

Like PolishMike said, no it's not long enough. But if you want the same look, the extended A2 flash hider from Sabre Defense and normal washer will bring the length to over 16 inches.
http://www.sabredefencestore.com/