View Full Version : 82 year old + 500 guns = confiscation
06-02-2005, 1:56 PM
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2...NzE3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTI = (http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk1MSZmZ2Jl bDdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5NjcwMjY2MCZ5cmlyeTdmNzE3Zjd2cWVlRU V5eTI=)
I don't really saw him as a threat. Fire would probably be hazardous, but when wouldn't a fire be?
06-02-2005, 2:54 PM
I don't see what the big deal is the guy is 80 something years old what is gonna do hold up a liqour store in his wheelchair? Yet again he did have a record, which will certainly be the topic. Obviously the neighbors never had problem with the guys they even said and that can help the guy out, maybe, but since this is another "gun hating" state, you can bet they will try to pin a ton of charges on the guy. Well the only thing to say is he will probably get convicted since he has a record...
06-02-2005, 3:11 PM
He's a twice convicted felon, with one of the convictions being for selling an illegal gun to an undercover agent. I don't see a problem here.
06-02-2005, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Charliegone:
I don't see what the big deal is the guy is 80 something years old what is gonna do hold up a liqour store in his wheelchair?
Well, you forget that if his wheelchair is motorized, he could easily mow down innocent patrons as he flees the crime scene. A real threat waiting to happen. Better lock him up before it's too late...
06-02-2005, 4:16 PM
I bet all the guns were not turn in http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
06-02-2005, 4:39 PM
This is scary in oh so many ways...
with the exception of the 2 felonies, a lot of us could fall under these categories...
1)I probably have around 10k rounds at my house right now!
2) by the time I'm 80, I might have 477 guns the way I'm going.
3)""We also found a bumper sticker," the chief remarked. "It says: 'The right to bear arms makes someone a citizen. If you are not allowed to bear arms, it makes you a subject.'Ÿ"
back to the felonies...
what was the penalty back in 1975 for a felony conviction?
"(B5) Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms?
Yes, a person who –
(1) Has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
(2) Is a fugitive from justice;
(3) Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
(4) Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
(5) Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa;
(6) Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
(7) Having been a citizen of the United states, has renounced his or her 8 citizenship;
(8) Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
(9) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm. A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm. Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information. [18 U. S. C. 922( g) and (n), 27 CFR 178.32( a) and (b)]"
06-02-2005, 6:16 PM
The Bergen County bomb squad determined that the gunpowder was volatile and had to be hauled away, he said.
Really? was it real black powder or just propellant?
Raymonds also had illegal, high-capacity magazine clips
What is a magazine clip?
I have a lot of ammo, I am under the 16 lb limit for propelant as well. If the amounts were ever a news story even though most of you have more ammo it would still be headline news.
06-02-2005, 7:13 PM
Well, at 31 guns and 1000's of rounds of ammo I'm well on the way to incorrigibleness. All legal, but I would hope still p*ssing off the authorities nonetheless.
As far as this guy goes: no problems with his guns. But at least we put a babykiller abortionist in jail though.
06-02-2005, 11:42 PM
There is a thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=141314&page=1&pp=25) on this running on THR. The guy was convicted of two felonies: illegal abortions and selling silencer-equipped submachine guns. (Not that anything is wrong with that...) http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
06-03-2005, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by bwiese:
All legal, but I would hope still p*ssing off the authorities nonetheless.
All legal right now...
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.