PDA

View Full Version : SU-16 accessories

shooterx10
02-09-2005, 9:12 AM
Does anyone know of anyone who has a Kel-Tec SU-16A (or the one that is legal in this Commie State) that has a muzzle brake on it? I wonder if a compensator such as a Miculek or JP's will fit if the barrel is reamed and tapped.

Also, does anyone make an aftermarket barrel for the SU-16? Such as a bull barrel or a longer barrel? What other after market accessories are there for this rifle other than the front sight post replacement?

Anyone see a person use in one in a 3-gun match? I'll probably be great for carbine division.

shooterx10
02-09-2005, 9:12 AM
Does anyone know of anyone who has a Kel-Tec SU-16A (or the one that is legal in this Commie State) that has a muzzle brake on it? I wonder if a compensator such as a Miculek or JP's will fit if the barrel is reamed and tapped.

Also, does anyone make an aftermarket barrel for the SU-16? Such as a bull barrel or a longer barrel? What other after market accessories are there for this rifle other than the front sight post replacement?

Anyone see a person use in one in a 3-gun match? I'll probably be great for carbine division.

Technical Ted
02-09-2005, 10:31 AM
In the post Sept 14, 2004 rush to modify "post-ban" AR's to "pre-ban" standards, I've read that unlike "post-ban" Heavy Barrels, Light Weight AR barrels are to thin to accept threading and mounting of muzzle devices. If that's the case, then the cheap flimsy tube on the SU-16 is in the same boat if not worse.

Cazach
02-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Here is an exmple of someone threading a barrel and mounting a muzzle brake.

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2495

shooterx10
02-09-2005, 2:19 PM
Thanks to Cazach's provided link, I read the forum post and threading the barrel of the SU-16 is a BIG NO NO cuz that will constitute a threaded barrel and thus, an assault weapon under SB23.

The only hope is to have the muzzle brake pinned or welded onto the barrel. http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif

Mike Searson
02-09-2005, 2:52 PM
A threaded bbl is not a banned feature on a rifle under state law.
Only on pistols.