PDA

View Full Version : San Diego sheriff candidates' forum TONIGHT!

N6ATF
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/01/bn01sheriff-holding-forum/

SAN DIEGO All five declared candidates for San Diego County sheriff are expected to attend a forum at the University of San Diego on Tuesday night.

The candidates will meet at 7 p.m. at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, 5998 Alcala Park.

The election is one year away, although the county Board of Supervisors this month is expected to name someone to serve out retiring Sheriff Bill Kolender's fourth term.

Three of the supervisors have endorsed Bill Gore, the current undersheriff, in the 2010 race. The other candidates are former San Diego Police Chief David Bejarano, former Deputy Sheriffs' Association President Jim Duffy, former undersheriff and Assemblyman Jay La Suer and former sheriff's Sgt. Bruce Ruff.

The forum, hosted by the Deputy Sheriffs Association of San Diego County, is free and open to the public.

Just saw this on OCDO.

GuyW
06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
...posted last nite in a different thread...

....but 2 is good...

PolishMike
06-02-2009, 12:26 PM
****, the one time im NOT at school, I LIVE (not literally) at the IPJ while at school(international relations major).

N6ATF
06-02-2009, 12:37 PM
...posted last nite in a different thread...

....but 2 is good...

Ref please, Google CGN site search didn't find a thread.

GuyW
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=175914&highlight=san+diego+sheriff&page=5

motorhead
06-03-2009, 7:25 AM
so who went? i'm sidelined a lot of times these days due to health concerns. from what i'm reading in the fishwrap this was a "canned" debate sponsored by the DSA. obviously the sponsors have a vested interest in it. i'm curious to see if the 2A came up at all.

pullnshoot25
06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I would have gone but I was studying for my finals coming up.

Plus wtf to that mate, they chose a school to hold a forum? Next time they are in an OC ok location I am going to do my best to be there.

grammaton76
06-03-2009, 1:15 PM
Plus wtf to that mate, they chose a school to hold a forum? Next time they are in an OC ok location I am going to do my best to be there.

LUCC sure. But don't OC to something like this. A political debate is the absolute epitome of the kind of event where you must check your ideals at the door and DON'T freaking give the anti's ammunition.

Do you want someone to ask the candidates something like, "What's your position on this guy over there with a handgun on his hip?"

To remain electable, even a good candidate would have to make some negative statement about open carry. And that'd cost the good candidate votes from Calgunners, etc.

CoinStar
06-03-2009, 4:13 PM
This is sort of OT but sort of not if you read between the lines:
Did anyone happen to read Lee Baca's editorial in the UT the other day? I think it was in the Sunday edition.

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. I don't check in too often.

N6ATF
06-03-2009, 4:32 PM
Unless it was syndicated, that traitor needs to butt out of our county. Lemme guess the meaning behind it:
Guns are bad
Criminals are good
Law-abiding citizens can go to hell

Maestro Pistolero
06-03-2009, 6:16 PM
I've been out of CA for about ten years, but back in the 80s, La Suer was a strong 2A guy, along with Jim Roach.

tube_ee
06-04-2009, 9:59 AM
Unless it was syndicated, that traitor needs to butt out of our county. Lemme guess the meaning behind it:
Guns are bad
Criminals are good
Law-abiding citizens can go to hell

"The police are your superiors, and they should be allowed to do all kinds of things, like carry concealed while drinking, that you peons should not be allowed to do. Your job, if that job is "police officer" but not if it's anything else, makes you special."

Nauseating, but par-for-the-course for senior law enforcement officials.

Ask them if mining engineers should be allowed to have dynamite in their garage...

--Shannon

motorhead
06-04-2009, 5:59 PM
so any comments from those who went? was it a dsa popularity contest? who was crowned queen?

GuyW
06-30-2009, 6:03 PM
so any comments from those who went? was it a dsa popularity contest? who was crowned queen?

There's video of the entire event at the DSA website...