PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Diego

sd4547
06-02-2009, 9:34 AM
Hello!

I made the mistake of posting a thread on the gunbroker forum regarding the trend of a lot of out-of-state dealers refusing to sell to Californian's based on our states politics. My plea outlined the fact that we (gun owners) are not to blame and that selling to us would be the best way to support the 2A. After being attacked by about 10 of the states in our union the moderator of the forum locked my thread. Guess the 1st is also under attack... I was just a little bummed out who the attackers were though. Anyway albeit sarcastic, one of the posters mentioned this site. Figured here I would be among friends, so I decided to join.

Greg, from San Diego

Macadelic4
06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Greg, welcome to Calguns! We do a lot of complaining about anti-CA retailers here, so feel free to chime in. Unlike Gunbroker, CGN actually has some influence in California when it comes to local retailers, so I hope you enjoy your stay and whatever unintended benefits come from being a Calgunner. :thumbsup:

Also check out the San Diego roll call thread (see my sig) and sign in to get connected with other SD CGNers in your area.

Casual_Shooter
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Welcome from another San Diegan... :)

Mac- never noticed that link before.... clicking now.

PolishMike
06-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Hola!

GuyW
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome!

Please do a search for SD specific threads, such as the Sheriff's race...

lorax3
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
There are LOTS of Calgunners here in San Diego who are willing to help with any questions you have. Welcome to CalGuns :thumbsup:

Richie Caketown
06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
i like cheese

missiondude
06-02-2009, 6:01 PM
Unfortunately, GB is populated by alot of idiots, and those that take direction from said idiots. People are free to do what they want with their property, but it gets old when PRIVATE sellers wont ship LEGAL items here, even parts. Those people are ignorant and seldom can be educated, but I keep trying, and sometimes even win a convert. The HK 41 in my avitar was purchased from a dealer who said no sale to Cali. At least he was willing to discuss it over the phone, and agree to ship. The folks on the message boards, dont waste your keystrokes...

WELCOME!!!

Dave

Mr. Beretta
06-02-2009, 6:10 PM
Welcome!:thumbsup:

Voo
06-02-2009, 6:30 PM
welcome welcome!

forgiven
06-02-2009, 6:53 PM
Welcome:thumbsup:

sd4547
06-02-2009, 6:56 PM
Unfortunately, GB is populated by alot of idiots, and those that take direction from said idiots. People are free to do what they want with their property, but it gets old when PRIVATE sellers wont ship LEGAL items here, even parts. Those people are ignorant and seldom can be educated, but I keep trying, and sometimes even win a convert. The HK 41 in my avitar was purchased from a dealer who said no sale to Cali. At least he was willing to discuss it over the phone, and agree to ship. The folks on the message boards, dont waste your keystrokes...

WELCOME!!!

Dave

I don't plan on ever visiting that forum again. In their minds we're just walking around bumping into each other not voting, or voting for left-wingers. I tried to point out that Cal gun owners are a pretty active bunch and we're on the front lines in the defense of the second amendment. The personal attacks just kept coming. Dummy me, I thought that the second amendment was a common bond... Guess I was wrong.

sdyeti
06-02-2009, 7:03 PM
There are a lot of us here. Welcome. I recently joined also. There is a lot of info here that you will find helpful. A few people talk about leaving the area because Kali is so restrictive, but I say let's stay and change the laws!

drexotic
06-02-2009, 7:13 PM
Ditto!

mrlonewolf
06-02-2009, 9:18 PM
Hello & Welcome to Calguns.

rogdigity
06-02-2009, 9:23 PM
wow, guess its a good time to mention that im here from thehighroad.org where i heard about this site. i, too, am in san diego. born and raised, though i learned most of my passion for shooting and guns while spending some time out of state, but i learned all my knowledge of them here while collecting

DVLDOC
06-02-2009, 9:41 PM
Welcome!

Ishoot
06-02-2009, 9:47 PM
Damn, another southerner. :thumbsup:Welcome to the happiest place on earth. :)

itchy finger
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome. Lots of great and helpful people here, not to mention great gear.

Turbinator
06-03-2009, 2:43 PM
Welcome, you are among friends and family here. You may still get beat down depending on the topic in question, but please know that it is not meant to be malicious :)

Turby

rumblebee
06-04-2009, 1:57 PM
welcome and enjoy the forum!! :)