PDA

View Full Version : .22 caliber upper on RRA marked 5.56mm lower

veeklog
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
A friend of mine wants to buy a Spike's .22 caliber upper receiver; he wants to put it on his Rock River Arms lower marked 5.56mm. Is it legal for him to mount it on the RRA marked 5.56mm lower and install the regular mag release instead of the bullet button? I did a search of the question and I really didn't get an answer. Thanks

shookatash
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
yes this is legal-or should i saw not illegal by the wording of the law. it doesn't matter what the parts are labeled - more about what they shoot. law says centerfire, this will be rim fire and doesn't require a BB.

make sure to keep it to a 10 round mag as that part still applies. Make sure that before you swap out the 22 upper to a 5.56 upper, swap in the bullet button so in any state of the rifle, you are not violating the law.

aplinker
06-02-2009, 2:19 PM
yes this is legal-or should i saw not illegal by the wording of the law. it doesn't matter what the parts are labeled - more about what they shoot. law says centerfire, this will be rim fire and doesn't require a BB.

make sure to keep it to a 10 round mag as that part still applies. Make sure that before you swap out the 22 upper to a 5.56 upper, swap in the bullet button so in any state of the rifle, you are not violating the law.

A rimfire upper can be installed on any AR lower, regardless of caliber markings.

Its use does not require a bullet button with any/all features.

The highlighted part is incorrect. There are no restrictions on capacity for any detachable magazine rifle.

There are, of course, restrictions on getting a new large capacity mag.