PDA

View Full Version : gun shop burglary (Dom's/Livermore): "Police seek suspect in theft of 34 guns"

bwiese
02-17-2005, 9:49 AM
Another gun shop burgled.... made the TV news last night too.

What worries me here is that there will now be perceived impetus for all sorts of additional complex regulations for opening a gunshop, making it even more cost-prohibitive than it is now. Bureaucrats will demand pillbox style construction, etc. - while FBI SWAT vans still get robbed of SMGs.

-Bill

LIVERMORE
Police seek suspect in theft of 34 guns

Demian Bulwa
Thurs 17 Feb 2005

Police are looking for at least one burglar who stole 34 guns Wednesday from an outdoor supply store in downtown Livermore.

Someone broke into Dom's Surplus Outdoor Supply Store at about 3AM, grabbed 34 guns of various types worth more than $18,000, and fled in a black car that resembled a late 1980s or early 1990s Honda Accord, the city's Police Department reported.

Anyone with information is asked to call (925) 371-4756.

Earlier this month, thieves made off with 32 rifles and handguns from Irvington Arms in Fremont. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is offering a $5,000 reward for information in the case.
[***]

----------------------------------------
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/17/BAEBDIGEST3.DTL

bwiese
02-17-2005, 9:49 AM
Another gun shop burgled.... made the TV news last night too.

What worries me here is that there will now be perceived impetus for all sorts of additional complex regulations for opening a gunshop, making it even more cost-prohibitive than it is now. Bureaucrats will demand pillbox style construction, etc. - while FBI SWAT vans still get robbed of SMGs.

-Bill

LIVERMORE
Police seek suspect in theft of 34 guns

Demian Bulwa
Thurs 17 Feb 2005

Police are looking for at least one burglar who stole 34 guns Wednesday from an outdoor supply store in downtown Livermore.

Someone broke into Dom's Surplus Outdoor Supply Store at about 3AM, grabbed 34 guns of various types worth more than $18,000, and fled in a black car that resembled a late 1980s or early 1990s Honda Accord, the city's Police Department reported.

Anyone with information is asked to call (925) 371-4756.

Earlier this month, thieves made off with 32 rifles and handguns from Irvington Arms in Fremont. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is offering a $5,000 reward for information in the case.
[***]

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/17/BAEBDIGEST3.DTL

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
02-17-2005, 10:05 AM
I wonder if all these burglaries are connected? Three gun stores in six weeks too much of a coincidence. Some gangs are gearing up for a war or what?

icormba
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
black car that resembled a late 1980s or early 1990s Honda Accord

that should narrow it down http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

anyway... I bet they are related. By the way... which was the 3rd? this one, Irvington, & ??

Mike Searson
02-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Big Rich's shop in Livermore has been hit a few times over the years as well.

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
02-17-2005, 1:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by icormba:
By the way... which was the 3rd? this one, Irvington, & ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Channel 2 news report this morning said that recently there was another gun store that was broken into somewhere in the North Bay. I don't remember which one.

Steyr_223
02-17-2005, 2:59 PM
"Channel 2 news report this morning said that recently there was another gun store that was broken into somewhere in the North Bay. I don't remember which one."

It was the Big 5 in Corte Madera, IIRC..

Steyr

Technical Ted
02-17-2005, 8:41 PM
FYI Walked into to the room late so I didn't catch the whole story, but SF KRON channel 4 News At 9 was talking about a spree of gun store burglaries in Northern California. Displayed a map graphic with their locations. Corte Madera, Dom's(Livermore) and Big Mac's shop (Fremont) I'd heard of. There were two others: one in Turlock and one in Modesto.

Between the Turlock and Modesto store there were a total of 29 guns taken. One was 10 (Turlock?) the other 19 (Modesto?)

The anchor added that a suspect in the Corte Madera burglary was taken, but he "had no connection with the other cases". Sort of implied that the Fremont, Livermore, Turlock and Modesto burglaries are connected. May have been sloppy reporting on the part of Channel 4.

Ford8N
02-24-2005, 8:42 PM
Isn't there a truism that goes like...it walks like a duck, talks like a duck..... http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mike Searson
02-24-2005, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tooTactical:
The scariest thing for me is that one of them could actually shoot! A first!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly a first by any means.
Unless all you read is Guns and Ammo or Combat Handguns.