PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers killed by Political/Religious motives in Little Rock

Fat_Rat
06-01-2009, 4:52 PM
Very Sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090601/ap_on_re_us/us_recruiters_shot

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. A man with "political and religious motives" killed a soldier just out of basic training and wounded another Monday in a targeted attack on a military recruiting center, police said. The shootings were not believed to be part of a broader scheme.

The soldiers completed basic training within the past two weeks and were not regular recruiters, said Lt. Col. Thomas F. Artis of the Oklahoma City Recruiting Battalion, which oversees the Little Rock office.

William Long, 24, of Conway, died, and Quinton Ezeagwula, 18, of Jacksonville, was wounded and in stable condition, Police Chief Stuart Thomas said.

Both men were from nearby hometowns and volunteered to work at the recruiting center to attract other locals to the military. "They can show the example, 'Here's where I was, and here is where I am,'" Artis said.

Police arrested Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, 23, along a crosstown interstate moments after the shootings at the Army-Navy Career Center in a shopping center in west Little Rock.

Muhammad acted alone, the police chief said, and based on an interview with officers, the suspect "probably had political and religious motives for the attack." He lived in an apartment just 1.5 miles from the recruiting center. A search warrant had been obtained for the apartment.

Gator Monroe
06-01-2009, 5:02 PM
Trend or Isolated incident ? :confused:

CavTrooper
06-01-2009, 5:15 PM
Recruiting stations are constantly under attack. Usually its just vandalism, arson and robberies, though, there was the bombing in the NY station recently. Individual recruiters have been stalked and attacked and had their homes and vehicles vandalized.

Being in the Military is dangerous buisness, overseas and at home.

mecam
06-01-2009, 5:34 PM
They should be allowed to be armed.

QuarterBoreGunner
06-01-2009, 5:51 PM
"probably had political and religious motives for the attack."

Or just bug-nuts insane?

Kokopelli
06-01-2009, 5:54 PM
It's an act of terror on American soil.

Fat_Rat
06-01-2009, 6:02 PM
Trend or Isolated incident ? :confused:

Muhammad's Six Convictions Upheld in Md

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/05/AR2007110501535.html

By Ruben Castaneda
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 6, 2007; Page B06

A Maryland appeals court affirmed sniper John Allen Muhammad's six Montgomery County murder convictions yesterday, saying he and his accomplice subjected the Washington region to "three weeks of inexpressible terror" in 2002.

Writing for a unanimous three-judge panel from Maryland's Court of Special Appeals, Judge Charles E. Moylan Jr. dismissed an appeal filed by the Maryland public defender's office. Muhammad, already sentenced to death in Virginia, was tried and convicted in 2006 in Montgomery, the epicenter of the attacks.

At the outset of the opinion, Moylan wrote that the fear that gripped the region in October 2002 was a "fear as paralyzing as that which froze the London district of Whitechapel in 1888," when five prostitutes were slain by a serial killer. Moylan concludes 152 pages later: "Jack the Ripper has never yet been brought to justice. The Beltway Snipers have been."

mattman
06-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Well if recruiters aren't being attacked by leftists then its terrorists trying to shoot or bomb them.

odysseus
06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Probably "lone wolf" type behavior. I am sure they are checking him out fully right now. Terrible thing, RIP for the victims and condolences for their families.

mk19
06-04-2009, 9:18 AM
I bet some dip**** gang-banger who "found Islam" in prison and thinks it is a good idea to go and kill people. I really can't stand these wanna be fake "so called muslims"

Gator Monroe
06-04-2009, 9:25 AM
He trained overseas = Terrorist !:)

6114DAVE
06-04-2009, 1:26 PM
They should be allowed to be armed.

One of my recruiters ccw'd. well not when he was picking up poole's but when he went home would pack his Glock in his Laptop bag. with crazy work hours and working in LA area...a good idead i think