View Full Version : Sac-area UT CCW Class Coming!

08-02-2005, 2:47 PM
If you are interested in obtaining a UT CCW permit (a 4 hour course), and have not already contacted me regarding the class from my post a couple of months ago, leave me your contact information and I will give you the details. For those unfamiliar with the value of a UT CCW permit, visit http://www.packing.org and click on Utah. The class will be held on Friday, September 2nd in Lodi, CA.

08-02-2005, 6:45 PM

08-09-2005, 6:44 PM
Bump. Just wanted to keep it alive. Thanks.

08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
If interested, my e-mail address is 9rfan@sbcglobal.net

09-03-2005, 8:41 AM
There is a lot of talk about CCW and CCW reform in Kalifornia and there is a lot to be done.

I just wanted to thank Gloxter for setting up the Utah CCW class in Lodi. In my mind it would be a statement of unity if the majority of shooters in Kali were to obtain this permit. It's a statement that Utah treats us like citizens while Kalifornia treats us like subjects.

09-05-2005, 3:45 PM
I read the Utah Packing.org page, and I still don't understand the benefits of the Utah CCW class. It did say it honors CCW licensees from other states, but that's all I found.

09-05-2005, 5:35 PM
If you don't travel out of state it may be of no use to you since Kali does not recognize Utah's CCW [I assume you are in Kali]. If you travel then you can legally carry concealed in any state that recognizes Utah's CCW [except for those who only allow for Utah residents]. I travel out of state and most of the states I travel in will recognize my use of the Utah permit.

There is a statement to be made if a large part of the Kali shooters obtained this permit. We could say that Utah treats us like Citizens where Kali treats us like - well you get the point. It's minor statement that we can use but a statement none the less.

09-07-2005, 6:59 AM
For JasonR and anyone else interested: The non-resident UT CCW permit is regarded as being the most valuable permit because it allows the concealed carry of a firearm in the following states; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming, Washington, and the recent addition of New Mexico plus one other state I can't remember right now.
Perhaps when I was setting up and seeking interest for the class in Lodi, I should have been more clear as to the permit's benefits, however, I didn't want to appear to calguns or it's users that I was trying to "sell something". Perhaps that's why we only got nine students in the class, despite my distributing over 200 flyers to River City Gun Exchange, Old Sacramento Armory, and Wild Sports. The nine that did show up got excellent instruction from Mr. Aposhian, a gentleman who spends a great deal of time writing pro-gun legislation not only for Utah, but for others as well. According to Clark, only about 14% of Utah's permits are non-resident permits. It is my belief that adding to this bottom line helps everyone. The Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigaton doesn't make a mint off it's citizens; the application is $59, the permit is good for 5 years, and renewals are BY MAIL for $10.
A non-resident permit such as Utah's is invaluable for those that travel often, i.e. OTR truckers, retirees, and vacationers. It also sends a message to those in "free states" that we (in CA) are worth fighting for when it comes to reciprocity between the states.
Mr. Aposhian tries to get to CA about once a year to deliver his course of instruction (4 hours). He flew out and back specifically for the Lodi class, despite only having 9 students. That says a lot in my book.
There are a few instructors who offer the training to Californians. Do a search on the UT Bureau of Criminal Investigations website to find instructors in your area, however, I would highly recommend seeking instruction from Clark, as he is the "go to guy" who is fighting for everyone's right to carry. His website is: http://www.fairwarning.biz

09-07-2005, 2:03 PM
I beleive that federal DOT regs. prohibit truck drivers from carrying firearms.