PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a gun in Nevada?

Gryff
06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I know that in California, you can ship a gun yourself (even if you are not an FFL) as long as you are sending it to an FFL.

Does anyone know if this is true in Nevada, or does it have to go out through an FFL also?

bwiese
06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I know that in California, you can ship a gun yourself (even if you are not an FFL) as long as you are sending it to an FFL.

Does anyone know if this is true in Nevada, or does it have to go out through an FFL also?

It's still your gun to the Feds, so it's fine. Doesn't matter what state (NY/MD/MA may be weird, dunno.).

[If it's a reg'd AW don't ship it into/out of CA without using a CA FFL w/AW permit.]

motorhead
06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
PP to FFL, as long as the FFL will accept it. obvously not the other way around except for C & R.

cookmonsta
06-01-2009, 2:40 PM
I believe long guns can be shipped by non licensee but pistols have to be shipped by a ffl.

CHS
06-01-2009, 3:12 PM

You can also ship a gun TO yourself in another state. Good if you don't want to deal with checking it in your airline luggage. Doesn't have to go to/through an FFL.

Mssr. Eleganté
06-01-2009, 9:32 PM
I believe long guns can be shipped by non licensee but pistols have to be shipped by a ffl.

That is not correct. Non-licensees can ship handguns. They just have to use a common carrier like UPS or FedEx. Only Licensed Manufacturers and Licensed Dealers can use the US mail to ship handguns and only if they are shipping to another Licensed Manufacturer or Licensed Dealer.

motorhead
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
yeah, i'd forgotten about shipping to yourself. (i'm old). your own firearm can also be shipped back to you from factory service.