PDA

View Full Version : C MAG problem

Hunter4life1990
06-01-2009, 9:23 AM
i just finished my first OLL build on saturday (pics to come later :))and i was tinkering around with my 10/20 cmag and discovered that it can hold 12 rounds, so i was like WTF? has anyone one else had this happen?if so should i just fix it to hold ten and be on my way or send it back? thanks in advance

kevin

rumble phish
06-01-2009, 9:38 AM
i just finished my first OLL build on saturday (pics to come later :))and i was tinkering around with my 10/20 cmag and discovered that it can hold 12 rounds, so i was like WTF? has anyone one else had this happen?if so should i just fix it to hold ten and be on my way or send it back? thanks in advance

kevin

I had a similar problem when i discovered that one of my C-Products 10/20 mags held 11 rounds and that they fed just fine. Also, there have been several reports of Stag and other steel mags that have been "tabbed" to only hold 10 rounds and that can easily accept 11 or 12 rounds and feed them. Your best bet would be to return them to where you got them. In my situation I purchased mine from Riflegear.com. They were great and told me that I could send it back for an exchange but I decided to just disassemble it and use it for parts form y other mags if I need to.

I would recommend that in the future you shoudl purchase either 10 round only mags or if you want a 10/20 or 10/30 to get the ones that are blocked witha polymer/plastic block instead of the steel ones that are tab punched ont he sides. DO NOT USE THAT MAG! If you get caught with a "hi-cap" mag (which that is if it can hold more then 10) in a bullet-buttoned rifle you will probably need a good lawyer. Call this fud if you want, but I wouldn't want to be the first to find out!

Joe
06-01-2009, 9:54 AM
I had a similar problem when i discovered that one of my C-Products 10/20 mags held 11 rounds and that they fed just fine. Also, there have been several reports of Stag and other steel mags that have been "tabbed" to only hold 10 rounds and that can easily accept 11 or 12 rounds and feed them. Your best bet would be to return them to where you got them. In my situation I purchased mine from Riflegear.com. They were great and told me that I could send it back for an exchange but I decided to just disassemble it and use it for parts form y other mags if I need to.

I would recommend that in the future you shoudl purchase either 10 round only mags or if you want a 10/20 or 10/30 to get the ones that are blocked witha polymer/plastic block instead of the steel ones that are tab punched ont he sides. DO NOT USE THAT MAG! If you get caught with a "hi-cap" mag (which that is if it can hold more then 10) in a bullet-buttoned rifle you will probably need a good lawyer. Call this fud if you want, but I wouldn't want to be the first to find out!

Thats not fud. That instantly creates an assault weapon.

IMO, send it back.

Darklyte27
06-01-2009, 10:45 AM
C products?..

or Magpul Pmag?

aplinker
06-01-2009, 5:48 PM
or 10/100 BETA C-Mags?

Hunter4life1990
06-01-2009, 7:13 PM
c products 10/20 mag^^^^

aplinker
06-01-2009, 7:55 PM
the answer is, "send it back." Not worth the effort nor the issues of doing it yourself.

Corbin Dallas
06-01-2009, 8:16 PM
From a reliable source that deals in confiscated weapons, if you own a 10/whatever magazine you better be DAMM SURE it does NOT accept more than 10 rounds.

They WILL charge you with possession of an AW.

aplinker
06-01-2009, 8:27 PM
From a reliable source that deals in confiscated weapons, if you own a 10/whatever magazine you better be DAMM SURE it does NOT accept more than 10 rounds.

They WILL charge you with possession of an AW.

ummm... sure!

How is an 11+ round mag an AW?

Now, installed in a locked mag rifle (BB, P50), then sure, the rifle is an AW configuration.

mala in se
06-01-2009, 8:45 PM
beats my Cprod 10/30 mag that only carries 8.

gn3hz3ku1*
06-01-2009, 9:14 PM
cmag qc on these mags is always having issues...

Corbin Dallas
06-01-2009, 9:18 PM
ummm... sure!

How is an 11+ round mag an AW?

Now, installed in a locked mag rifle (BB, P50), then sure, the rifle is an AW configuration.

I was making the assumption because we were talking about a 10/20 mag that it was a OLL with features which would put it on the AW list for having a mag that could accept more than 10 rounds.

If the OP has a featureless build then why the need for 10/20 mags?

Sorry for assuming we were all on the same page, next time I'll be more clear and concise.

aplinker
06-01-2009, 9:50 PM
I was making the assumption because we were talking about a 10/20 mag that it was a OLL with features which would put it on the AW list for having a mag that could accept more than 10 rounds.

If the OP has a featureless build then why the need for 10/20 mags?

Sorry for assuming we were all on the same page, next time I'll be more clear and concise.

No worries... just being an *** :D

It's absolutely an AW installed in a fixed mag, but plenty of us have 11+rd mags and we're not in any trouble of being popped with AW charges.

Just wanted to make it clear. :)

Corbin Dallas
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
No worries... just being an *** :D

It's absolutely an AW installed in a fixed mag, but plenty of us have 11+rd mags and we're not in any trouble of being popped with AW charges.

Just wanted to make it clear. :)

Just want to make sure, you're speaking of using 10+ mags on a featureless build right?

Just so we're clear.

aplinker
06-02-2009, 2:45 PM
Just want to make sure, you're speaking of using 10+ mags on a featureless build right?

Just so we're clear.

Yes. No 11+ in fixed mag rifles. Any capacity is fine in a detachable magazine rifle.

BB's and P50's, etc, are fixed mag rifles. Featureless are detachable mag.