PDA

View Full Version : familiar with mini 30 dual fire system?

19kimber11
05-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Is anyone familiar with the mini 30 dual fire system? Some guy has it posted on youtube and sells them on gunbroker.com... He swears they're legal in all states including CA. Looks like it fires when you pull and fires when you release? Anyone know anything about these things? Legal or not?

oldschool88
05-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Sounds like the staple mod. Interesting to see if it is legal.

andrewj
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Never heard of it. I just looked it up right now. What is this guy selling? Seems this can be accomplished with just an ordinary staple.

ke6guj
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I've seen the letters from ATF stating that one shot on pull, and a second shot on release was legal.

Haven't seen any CADOJ approval on that setup though.

edit: Man, did that gunbroker guy ever hear about paragraphs?

NeoWeird
06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
I'd imagine it would fall into the category of "Burst fire actuators" in California and would be illegal.

Quiet
06-01-2009, 1:21 AM
Penal Code 12020
(c)(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.
(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

saki302
06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
What is the staple mod? adding a staple to force the secondary sear to drop the hammer when the trigger is released?

Sounds dangerous, IMO.

-Dave

You could probably skirt the law by allowing dirt or wear to do the same thing (no device! rule #1), but again, sounds dangerous IMO...