PDA

View Full Version : what is the LEO view of ammo+unloaded gun in car and UOC...

tombinghamthegreat
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Just wondering what police officers would do if they came across with someone who had a shotgun in their car or RAA saiga with loaded mags right next to the gun? How would the PD view UOC? Just wondering how savvy most cops are on the laws.

tyrist
05-31-2009, 11:01 PM
is this in the context of a traffic stop?

Also I refer you to firearm safety rule number one....All guns are always loaded.

What do you think is going to happen if you are being legally detained and have weapons in plain view?

Jwood562
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM
this is MY view. I workin a rough neighborhood and never come across good citizens with legal guns in their vehicle.

But as long as you have all the necessary documents (that would help) and are respectful and let the officer know that you have them I would care less if they are loaded or not.

Honestly if a regular joe upstanding citizen told me he had a leagl gun in his car I might ask him to step out and find it, run it and if all was on the up and up I would tahnk him for his cooperation and wish him a nice day. I could care less the manner he had it in (loaded vs. unloaded)

lorax3
06-01-2009, 1:27 AM
But as long as you have all the necessary documents (that would help) and are respectful and let the officer know that you have them I would care less if they are loaded or not.

What "necessary documents" are you referring to? Are you referring to your CA DL and proof of insurance, or some documents in relation to the firearm?