PDA

View Full Version : Who has a bill springfield tuned trigger?

bombadillo
05-31-2009, 9:33 PM
I am looking to send out 2 of my triggers to bill springfield from AR15.com. He is supposed to be able to make a nice clean pulling 4lb trigger from a factory single stage. I want to send out my dads rifle that I built for him as a gift and my single stage with the spur milled off like the JP speed hammer and JP 3lb springs. Just curious on any of your results and what you thought after the trigger job was done. I'm not expecting a timney or geissele, but for 35 bucks, you can't go too wrong.

capntroy
05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
I've only ever heard glowing reports about his trigger work, never anything negative.

It's a mandatory mod for XCR owners and they all rave about his work.

m1match
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
I had him do an AR trigger for me on a Stag hammer and trigger. It's a pretty good single stage trigger job, the break is pretty crisp and much better than stock. Still a little creep and not as good as my Geissele SSA or White Oak 2 stage match triggers, but for $35 it's a pretty good deal. I had him do his standard 4 lb. trigger job.

badicedog
05-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I've had Bill do 3 AR's triggers and my XCR. I do not recommend the 3.5 trigger pull. I had alot of light primer strikes, if you want a 3.5 go with timney. I changed the 3.5 JP springs to the 4 lbs JP tactical and "presto"! Virtually zero creep, crisp break...very realiable, goes bang every time! just brings tears to my eyes...lol I havent drop tested any of the triggers due to not having a cheap upper to test it on. Bill lobs off the tail on the hammer, does his magic on the sear surface and preloads the trigger. I can't rant/rave enough about his work. I sent off my HK45 for some of Bill's magic. I'll post report next week.:43:

Cyclepath
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I have one from Bill from awhile back and one coming back in the mail for my 9mm AR setup. He has a fast turn around. He told me he got it Saturday and finished the work that day and will drop it in the mail this Monday. The previous one I had was supposed to be a 4lb but it broke at 6lbs. He said to let it sit with the hammer cocked back so the hammer spring can set. I actually tweaked a little to get it down to about 4.5lbs. But the trigger work breaks very clean with little to no creep on mine. Much better than the stock 8-10lbs pull on a normal AR trigger. I also did the speed hammer mod for the extra $5. Cannot hurt, esp for a 9mm setup. I have a Timney 3lb on my Larue as well as RRA 2 Stage and Jewell on a bolt action. His work is well worth the money spent IMO.

chickenfried
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Very satisfied with the work he did on my m1a and garand.

sgl
06-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Bill did the trigger jobs on 4 of my ar's and my m1a. They all function flawlessly and have a clean crisp break, best of all he's fast, you'll probably get your trigger back within week.

railroader
06-01-2009, 5:07 AM
He did a 4lb. trigger job for me. The pull weight I would guess was around 6lbs. not 4lbs. It breaks clean now, before it was creepy. After I installed it the hammer pin was walking. It turned out the "J" spring was missing from the hammer. I don't know if it came out when he was grinding on the hammer for sure. I emailed him about it but he never bothered to email back about it. I had to get a another "J" spring and install it. Mark

morphius
06-01-2009, 7:21 AM
I've had mine done on a DPMS FCG. The trigger is much smoother than the notorious heavy stock DPMS triggers. Bill turns around them very quickly, less than a week from USPS priority ship to receipt.

The pull is crisp with very slight creep. I have to re-learn not to pull back on the trigger at all in comparison to my 2 stage Rock River trigger on my other lower. That's just common sense on a single stage vs 2 stage trigger.

Only 1 assembly issue though. Bill tack welded a small bead of solder on the under side of the trigger. This prevented installation of the safety selector. So I had to file away 3-4 thousands to get the selector to clear.

Other than that, the best 35 bucks I spent and the fastest parts turn around in the whole lengthy build process, with a few day wait time vs few months for the LPK.

fd15k
06-01-2009, 7:42 AM
Got a trigger pack for PTR91 from Bill. Just like it was promised, around 4lb. Factory ones are ~12lb :eek:

Desert_AIP
06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I have one of his 4lb triggers on my 6.8 hunting setup.
Very crisp feel to it.
A MUCH better improvement over the stock trigger.

rorschach
06-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I had him do my HK911, PTR, and Vector V93....best money ever spent. 4 lbs, smooth as glass, and no overtravel.

Even the wacky PTR with aluminum triggerbox is amazing.