PDA

View Full Version : Please watch Ted Nugent on gun control must see

45_acp
05-31-2009, 7:04 PM
http://biggeekdaddy.com/miscvideos/TedNugent.html

glock_this
05-31-2009, 7:32 PM
ted knows his stuff, stats, can quote pertinent data, very articulate, has real world experience, etc.. but he feels, seems, comes across as so angry and extremist and kookie sometimes I think he hurts the cause. not so much in this video, but I have seen video that makes me cringe no matter how much I believe in what he is saying. I think outsiders look at him as 1 example voice for 'us' and roll their eyes and say "see what I mean"... and I could kind of understand what they see. you need his mind and speed of thought and ability to speak in a different personality.

KylaGWolf
05-31-2009, 7:33 PM
seen this one before.

lomalinda
05-31-2009, 7:40 PM
This is one of the major problems with the pro-gun crowd.

They can be the most articulate people, able to explain why everyone should have a gun or at least know how to handle one should they come across one.

But they often do come across in ways that make the rest of us cringe. Ted Nugent appears like a complete yahoo to the majority of those out there who aren't committed to gun ownership (even some of us think he could polish his act a bit).

Even the "from my cold, dead hands" speech looks pretty nutso and causes a lot of people to think of the NRA as just a bunch of paranoid loons who were at one time represented by an man suffering from dementia and who would say whatever was he was told to repeat. I respect Heston a lot, but frankly I think that LaPierre does a better job of handling the arguments conjured up by Rendell and Co.

The trick will be to find more people, at all levels including the average Joe, who can defend firearms ownership in normal, everyday conversation. In this vein, it makes sense to take people who've never shot a gun before to a range and let them have at it. What I have done is to go to an indoor range, and to use some low-medium power handguns to let them get their feet wet. If they show an interest in doing more, the possibility to use stuff such as OL ARs/AKs and the good-old M1A is explored.

Some new shooters like the experience and some don't. But even those who don't have a better understanding of what's going on with a gun, and the silly "terror" that the author from 6th college at UCSD whose article was presented earlier this month is lessened from the experience.

squishyhead
05-31-2009, 8:07 PM
Uncle Ted has always had a way with words.

nicki
06-01-2009, 3:33 PM
I have to agree with Ted's points, the problem is how he delivers his message.

Ted comes off as very angry, hostile, some would even say crazed. He just is too intense.

Calling for people to kill attackers is counter productive to our cause.

We should never advocate killing anyone, we should only use our guns to stop attacks, not intentionally to kill our attackers.

I will never shoot to kill, I only shoot to stop. If a person attacks me and I am forced to shoot him I will only shoot to stop.

If I suspect a person is wearing body armor, I have no choice but to go for head shots. Some people do survive being shot in the head with a 45 JHP, so you can't say I shot to kill.[/I]

If the attacker dies as a result of their wounds it won't be because of my actions, it will be because the TRAUMA SURGEONs and TRAUMA TEAM were unable to MULTI-TASK and work on MULTIPLE ORGANS at the same time to save the life of my attacker.

If the attacker's family wants to sue anyone, it should be the TRAUMA CENTER since their doctors couldn't multi task.

If the attacker dies on the scene, it will be the 911 system's fault since they have a slow response time. After all, if they ask me to hold, and I say sure, it is still no excuse for excessive response times.

Nicki

Turo
06-01-2009, 3:41 PM
Man, I like Ted. He's a great American. Every time I see him talk on tv/internet, I like what he has to say.

Electricboy
06-01-2009, 4:11 PM
this video was pretty good. but i agree that he comes across a bit crazy at times. if most progun folks had half the information that he has we could make much more ground getting our rights back

lomalinda
06-01-2009, 4:22 PM
"If the attacker's family wants to sue anyone, it should be the TRAUMA CENTER since their doctors couldn't multi task."

Umm, it's RIDICULOUS to accuse the doctors at a trauma center of medical wrongdoing if they cannot stop the loss of life in this situation.

Assuming that you didn't keep shooting a guy who's obviously incapcitated long after that became obvious, I'd say the family has only the assailant to blame. Leave the docs and the rest of the people out of the equation.

Kokopelli
06-01-2009, 4:25 PM
He is sincere and that is one of the most important traits of a politician. Can we get him to run for governator?

hawk81
06-01-2009, 4:35 PM
Gun owners need to start getting angry. That is the problem. We are to complacent.

fresnohunter
06-01-2009, 4:36 PM
I like his statement, " I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"

MikeinnLA
06-01-2009, 5:21 PM
Ted for President! :hurray:

Mike

BigMac
06-01-2009, 5:35 PM
"If the attacker's family wants to sue anyone, it should be the TRAUMA CENTER since their doctors couldn't multi task."

Umm, it's RIDICULOUS to accuse the doctors at a trauma center of medical wrongdoing if they cannot stop the loss of life in this situation.

Assuming that you didn't keep shooting a guy who's obviously incapcitated long after that became obvious, I'd say the family has only the assailant to blame. Leave the docs and the rest of the people out of the equation.

I think you missed Nikki's point all together.
Just a hunch.

BigMac
06-01-2009, 5:39 PM
I like Ted.

He does not play well with the softy liberal types...too bad.
I do not feel like winning over whiny wieners anyway.
I must be getting old ;)

7x57
06-01-2009, 6:13 PM
OK, fine, Ted can be a political liability. Granted. This is a double-standard, however. Ted may be Ted, but he is also a rock musician and has to play that role. The left has plenty of over-the-top rockers who say things that, from other people, would be incitement to murder. They get away with it because it's politically correct outrageousness. It's OK to be yourself, so long as it's within the guidelines. But Ted is unacceptable because gunnies aren't *allowed* by the left's script to be outrageous rockers.

What Ted does for us in practice is let off steam for people who think some of those things but don't voice them, or just lets people laugh about things that would otherwise just make them mad.

I guess it's OK if our team has a court jester or outrageous mascot too, but we shouldn't really *encourage* anti-gunners and non-gunners to listen to him.

7x57

SCMA-1
06-01-2009, 6:32 PM
Gun owners need to start getting angry. That is the problem. We are to complacent.

Exactly. That's why we've lost so much ground since the 80's. Defense is a losing long term strategy and had it not been for the opportune occurrence and sheer luck of a few key case wins lately, the future of 2A particularly in Commiefornia would be looking even more bleak.

The entire anti-gun argument is devoid of facts and based completely on emotion. It's great we have some people on our side with the celebrity, presence, factual command AND the ability to articulate our side of the story without mincing words and WITH PASSION! This fight is for the hearts and minds of the people and patriots like Ted Nugent have the ability to stir these people out of complacency.

SCMA-1

FastFinger
06-01-2009, 6:55 PM
Different audiences are going to respond to different messengers. Is Ted over the top? To some folks, of course. But there will be some antis who need a brisk slap in order to wake up and start the brain. Ted is that slap.

He's passionate about the subject - and he has every right to be agitated. The right to self defense, to protect your family and neighbors, is an innate right. People who seek to alienate us from that basic right are that ones who are unreasonable and over the top. It doesn't matter how buttoned down, civilized, polite, and respectable their presentation and demeanor are, when you boil it down to the core of the argument, the antis are the deranged ones.

Vectrexer
06-01-2009, 6:58 PM
Honest, factful, angry, over restrictive, lying, pleasantness ANY DAY!

It's too bad if the powderpuffs can't take it.

lomalinda
06-01-2009, 7:47 PM
"I think you missed Nikki's point all together.
Just a hunch."

I get the point: don't call the person being attacked the assailant.

The proper thing would be to just call the guy attacking Nicki the bad guy/dickwad/etc. and just leave the stuff about the docs out of it.

Anyway, riling up people we need to win over is not necessary to our cause. There are lots of people who are fence-sitters who are impressionable either way.

AEC1
06-01-2009, 8:02 PM
I wonder how crazy all those brave men and women who started our nation so long ago must have been. Imagine they actually called for an ARMED uprising against a tyrinical oppresive government. And whats bad is today even those in our own movement would hang them out to dry to be politicaly correct!!! Shame on us...

SCMA-1
06-01-2009, 8:07 PM
I wonder how crazy all those brave men and women who started our nation so long ago must have been. Imagine they actually called for an ARMED uprising against a tyrinical oppresive government. And whats bad is today even those in our own movement would hang them out to dry to be politicaly correct!!! Shame on us...

Roger that, brother!:iagree:

AEC1
06-01-2009, 8:12 PM
could you imagine a Thomas Paine book today? We should all read the "age of reason"

For that matter this a good listen.

Bob Basso as Mr Paine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

SJgunguy24
06-01-2009, 8:29 PM
I love uncle Ted. I've read 2 of his books (his manifesto is next) and throughly enjoyed them.

Ted might be a bit up front and in your face but guess what........sometimes thats what people need. I ride public transit everyday and i'll say the majority of riders are bleeding heart lefties who would never think to pick up let alone own a firearm.

A couple of times I see these people get walked on and bad mouthed to by some douche bag and I stand up for them. Later they ask why I did that, I tell them self defense is your god given right. If you won't stand up for yourselves then dammit who will. I'll usally turn this towards guns and self defense in the home. Who will protect them in their homes? Who is going to stand up for them then? I bring up Warren v D.C. and as these people get to know me..........i'm very well read and I know WTF i'm talking about.

It's tough to change peoples minds but i'm trying. When those 4 OPD officers were murdered a couple thought they had good ammo for a debate but I shot them down pretty quick.

I try to be a bit more subtle than uncle Ted but then again..............IN YO FACE also has it's advantages.

Mike

supersonic
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
On top of being a +2A/firearms advocate & participant, I have been a fan of U.T. since I was a pre-teen. Put it this way: I owned Ted Nugent records before I ever even shot a gun. However, I have to agree that his thoughts are right on the money, but the way in which he articulates them are, well............unfortunate.:( I love the guy and I agree w/ him on every front, BUT you cannot go on a HUGE public forum like T.V. and discuss 'shooting' and 'killing' anybody. PERIOD. It doesn't matter that you are simply talking about self-defense & true justice : the American housewife is ONLY going to hear the words 'I/she/he'...'should/would'....'shoot'....'dead.' And yes, it does make Ted sound like a friggin' mental case. He needs to calm down a bit. Carefully choose his words. Reflect thoughtfully on everything he has ever said, so that the NEXT TIME will be better....and on...and on.... He has the mind of someone who could do this country a great service. Unfortunately, when the thoughts are lost somewhat in translation to words, he does us, and himself, a disservice.

DDT
06-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Just watched it. Pretty tame for Ted. The first 2 minutes no one could really argue with, the rest was a great list of places and times where the wrong person was killed. The fact that someone wishing a bad guy was dead instead of his victim is somehow controversial is astounding to me.

AEC1
06-02-2009, 5:52 AM
I think he did a great job. I would not change a thing. Political correctness is for those that have a guilty conscience...

TreboR
06-02-2009, 7:40 AM
To me Ted comes across as a man that's had enough of this political anti 2nd Amend BS and for that I applaud him. Complacent? No, straight to the point? Yes, the way it should be.

socalsheepdog
06-10-2009, 2:14 PM
Although I am in the same camp as Ted on this stuff, our tents are on opposite sides. I don't care for how emotional and off the cuff Ted gets when talking about 2A issues. I absolutely hate that gun rights is a "left" vs "right" issue and all the bashing that goes on with it. How the hell is Ted a sworn LEO and what are the grooming standards at his dept. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXDB_goeO0

sgtlmj
06-10-2009, 2:52 PM
I used to live about 5 miles from Uncle Ted, and have talked with him on a few occasions. He's the real deal, and has the limitless energy of a 5 year old.

Wild Bill
06-10-2009, 5:43 PM
Uncle Ted Rocks!!:iagree:

Hoop
09-17-2009, 12:09 AM

Is your funny bone broken or something?

Ted is great, but I think that anyone with more than a couple brain cells bouncing off one another knows that Ted is, well, TED.

He's always been a nut.

dantodd
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
I have to agree with Ted's points, the problem is how he delivers his message.

Ted comes off as very angry, hostile, some would even say crazed. He just is too intense.

Ted is an over the top rock-n-roller. That is the life he chose long before he was a famous face for 2A. Is he any different than any other rock and roller?

While it isn't necessarily productive for all 2A activists to be angry and hostile I believe it is a good foil for the more "moderate" forces to gain greater traction. Just as the angry, hostile blacks in the south and in the black panthers were an important part of the civil rights movement and the more moderate leaders were surely happy to have them as co-belligerents. Just because something is not, in and of itself, the best approach doesn't mean it doesn't have a rightful place in the arsenal of the fight for freedom.

Calling for people to kill attackers is counter productive to our cause.

Actually I think calling for people to kill those who would do them harm is quite productive.

I will never shoot to kill, I only shoot to stop. If a person attacks me and I am forced to shoot him I will only shoot to stop.

I have always been told that you never shoot anything you don't intend to kill. If I'm shooting at an assailant I intend to kill the douchebag. There ain't no two ways about it.

wildhawker
09-17-2009, 1:43 PM
Very well put Dan.