PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me...

Thorsen
05-31-2009, 5:43 PM
why my upper is not selling? What am I doing wrong? I mean, 750 for a brand new Sabre Defence mid length upper with a free float Samson on it and nobody is even biting on it?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is link http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188997

cmace22
05-31-2009, 5:54 PM
You may need to give it more than 48 hours!

Roccobro
05-31-2009, 5:57 PM

LMAO!

Maybe another reason is supply is loosening and those that had enough $$$ to buy have already stocked up?

eaglemike
05-31-2009, 6:01 PM
Some people know how good Sabre Defense is, and some don't. A lot of potential buyers are really into the $500 to $600 upper. The market is also slowing slightly.

Good luck with your sale!

all the best,
Mike

joemama
05-31-2009, 6:08 PM
I'm gonna blame the economy.

Saigon1965
05-31-2009, 6:11 PM
Your ad is not clear - I would go back and clean it up - Anything you write that does not add to it - Delete it - That last post sounds like you're desperate - Even though you are - Remove it -

Sellers need to hear positive -

Post pictures directly in your current ad -

Good luck -

swerv512
05-31-2009, 6:14 PM
i'll give you $400:p

Quiet
05-31-2009, 6:16 PM
i'll give you $400:p

Ill give you $500. :p

Jwood562
05-31-2009, 6:21 PM
people need pics...

also this is just another way to have a for sale ad in another forum *cough* *cough*

HK Dave
05-31-2009, 6:28 PM
Most of the people that know ARs probably already have what they want... newer buyers are gonna go... "What's Sabre Defence" not knowing its more high end.

Most people i've met give me this bewildered look when i tell them how excited I am about my upcoming LMT MRP Piston upper...

They say, "Is that better then rock river arms or stag?"

Cal-Irish
05-31-2009, 6:41 PM
Ill give you $500. :p
Ill give you 360$

Texas Boy
05-31-2009, 7:05 PM
suggestion - list what the item would cost new from a competitive retailer - and post links to the components on retailers sights. And give it time....selling anything requires a ready buyer. Sometimes you have to wait a while 'cuz the right buyer wasn't looking when you posted your add the first time.

Ducman
05-31-2009, 7:44 PM
I've seen this before, Just like the housing market, people got hype up.

RobT2K
05-31-2009, 7:51 PM
also this is just another way to have a for sale ad in another forum *cough* *cough*

Exactly.

Whoops, I mean, Why isn't my FAL receiver selling either? ;)

WTT FAL receiver for complete AR15 lower or sell outright (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=189186)

(everyone should have the opportunity for a sale ad in another forum)
:cool:

Thorsen
05-31-2009, 8:10 PM
Exactly.

Whoops, I mean, Why isn't my FAL receiver selling either? ;)

WTT FAL receiver for complete AR15 lower or sell outright (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=189186)

(everyone should have the opportunity for a sale ad in another forum)
:cool:

Whatever, say what you will. I was really just looking for input. If I had even gotten any response whatsoever on the upper I wouldn't have asked what I might be doing wrong.

I haven't even had anyone ask about it so I was just curious.

Thorsen
05-31-2009, 8:11 PM

I've had it up for ten days.

bombadillo
05-31-2009, 8:36 PM
It took 3 days for mine to sell. I sold a used YHM smooth carbine for 750 shipped. Give it some time, heck if I could buy it I probably would. I want another carbine. Just sold my bushy superlight and wish I hadn't but i'll get another eventually.

a1fabweld
05-31-2009, 8:45 PM
For me, if I am in the market for an upper made by a reputable company such as yours, & it is missing the BCG, I move on unless it's priced ridiculously cheap. Right now, BCG's are hard to find (but getting easier). Look at gunbroker. 90% of the uppers there are less BCG. I know some uppers come without them from the manufacturer, but most do come with them. I believe people are parting their uppers out to squeeze every last penny out of it's components vs. selling it complete. If I sold an upper, it would come complete & ready for the user to shoot without hunting down any parts, unless they decide to change parts that come with it.

capntroy
05-31-2009, 9:33 PM
For me, if I am in the market for an upper made by a reputable company such as yours, & it is missing the BCG, I move on unless it's priced ridiculously cheap. Right now, BCG's are hard to find (but getting easier). Look at gunbroker. 90% of the uppers there are less BCG. I know some uppers come without them from the manufacturer, but most do come with them. I believe people are parting their uppers out to squeeze every last penny out of it's components vs. selling it complete. If I sold an upper, it would come complete & ready for the user to shoot without hunting down any parts, unless they decide to change parts that come with it.

That.

ERdept
05-31-2009, 9:46 PM
I am not actually familiar with Sabre Defense. I believed before I entered the AR market and did my research that LWRC and POF was good.

Why is the Sabre defense considered good/high end?

As a humorous aside, I will offer you $501. :)

If it doesn't sell, I'll buy it for a reasonable price more than I posted here, just PM me.

X-NewYawker
05-31-2009, 9:50 PM
People are stocked up.
people are cheap.

cmace22
06-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I've had it up for ten days.

Your thread post date is 5/29/09, unless my math is wrong.... 31st - 29th = 2 days.

If its not a high value item or really cheep its going to take a while to sell.

Richie Caketown
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM
up to $510 here

IsaacGlass
06-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Your thread post date is 5/29/09, unless my math is wrong.... 31st - 29th = 2 days.

If its not a high value item or really cheep its going to take a while to sell.

FYI, OP was referring to his original ad. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186488

Gas priced is climbing, job market hasnt improve much, lots of people already stocked up or got what they wanted, there seems to be a little overflow of AR inventory from what I been seeing which kinda means price needs to start falling even lower just to attract any excessive buyers attention. Good luck on the sale.

cmace22
06-01-2009, 1:41 AM
FYI, OP was referring to his original ad. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186488

Gas priced is climbing, job market hasnt improve much, lots of people already stocked up or got what they wanted, there seems to be a little overflow of AR inventory from what I been seeing which kinda means price needs to start falling even lower just to attract any excessive buyers attention. Good luck on the sale.

:thumbsup:

06-01-2009, 2:28 AM
I think most people have purcahsed what they needed already, not to mention the economy is in the crapper.

Bladewurk
06-01-2009, 9:12 AM
I think most people have purcahsed what they needed already, not to mention the economy is in the crapper.

yup market is not as hot right now

deez
06-01-2009, 9:16 AM
OP,

Too bad it's a 16"...

I'd be all over this if it was an 18"

a1fabweld
06-01-2009, 9:24 AM
You could list it on gunbroker. It'll probably sell for your asking price there.

Thorsen
06-01-2009, 9:32 AM
OP,

Too bad it's a 16"...

I'd be all over this if it was an 18"

I could add a two inch muzzle device on it if it would make you feel better:D

nrakid88
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I cant tell why my upper won't sell either, at this point I am thinking gun broker or I will just keep the damn thing.

thefurball
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Supply > demand.

That and a crap economy at the moment.

Roccobro
06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Another reason I don't accept anything but exactly what I want when buying stuff. And I never try to sell any gun items either. ===> No regrets!

Justin

Futurecollector
06-01-2009, 10:42 AM
A non complete upper for 800 bucks?

How much do they "Normally" sell for?

Thats more than my entire rifle cost me!

just my .02

Thorsen
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM
A non complete upper for 800 bucks?

How much do they "Normally" sell for?

Thats more than my entire rifle cost me!

just my .02

About 699 for the upper with no free float http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=311

And about 279 for the rail http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_57&products_id=10

That's about a 158 dollar savings over buying for the website and no wait. Sounds pretty fair to me. I paid more for it myself.

dakobster81
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
id say it's only because most people are broke right now, it's a good price on a good upper. theres a guy in the sales forum selling a CMMG w/ no handguards for the same price that you're selling yours, price gouger!!! i PM'd him to tell him that his price was a little high, he didn't like it much, lol

fishwater
06-01-2009, 1:55 PM
I wouldn't like it much either if someone complained that something that was MINE and I was selling for a price that I thought was fair. It's a free market and people can set any price they want for a good or service, you have a choice to buy it or not. What are you accomplishing by telling someone that they are selling their items for what you think is too much?
id say it's only because most people are broke right now, it's a good price on a good upper. theres a guy in the sales forum selling a CMMG w/ no handguards for the same price that you're selling yours, price gouger!!! i PM'd him to tell him that his price was a little high, he didn't like it much, lol

Black Majik
06-01-2009, 2:10 PM
I wouldn't like it much either if someone complained that something that was MINE and I was selling for a price that I thought was fair. It's a free market and people can set any price they want for a good or service, you have a choice to buy it or not. What are you accomplishing by telling someone that they are selling their items for what you think is too much?

I would feel the same way if someone PM'ed me stating my price was too high.

If I PM'ed others in the ammo classifieds I'd probably use up all my PM inbox space. :D

Dirtbiker
06-01-2009, 2:14 PM
The gun market is hitting the skids big time. Complete uppers and rifles are available all over. Only certain items are tough to get.

Even ammo retailers are getting stock (though it still sells out fast)

GP3
06-01-2009, 2:15 PM
The gun bubble is about to burst.

Arteel
06-01-2009, 2:16 PM
I'll trade you one of my cars if you add cash. :D

Roccobro
06-01-2009, 2:37 PM
As it is a free market, a prospective buyer may tell a seller it is too high and make a counter offer. Even macy's is accepting haggling. Even some odd places like the grocery store are willing to haggle if you look like a prospective buyer.

But just stating your "opinion" that it is too high a price to a seller is retarded. Thus it is against FS Forum policies.

But this isn't the FS Forum! lol

Justin

CSACANNONEER
06-01-2009, 2:56 PM
Well, I pais $300-$350 each for the last three uppers I have bought off Calguns and they were complete with CH&BCGs. I'll give you the fact that mine were used and not sold as name brand but, they shoot fine.

a1fabweld
06-01-2009, 4:11 PM
The gun bubble is about to burst.

Nah. As long as we have anti-gunners in office as we do currently, people will feel uneasy about the future availability of guns & ammo. Therefore folks will be buying all they can before it gets banned. IMO, unless Obama states that there will be no ban of firearms (but who would beleive him anyway), guns will still sell like crazy.

Futurecollector
06-01-2009, 4:32 PM
Well, I pais $300-$350 each for the last three uppers I have bought off Calguns and they were complete with CH&BCGs. I'll give you the fact that mine were used and not sold as name brand but, they shoot fine.

Hook me up with one CSA!!!!! lol

TonyM
06-01-2009, 5:19 PM
I cant tell why my upper won't sell either, at this point I am thinking gun broker or I will just keep the damn thing.

IMO, you should have never messed with the FSB on yours, or left it in the config without the messed up pin. I looked at it, but I would want one that wasn't messed with that still had the correct taper pins it came with.

Bongos
06-01-2009, 5:36 PM
Most of the people that know ARs probably already have what they want... newer buyers are gonna go... "What's Sabre Defence" not knowing its more high end.

Most people i've met give me this bewildered look when i tell them how excited I am about my upcoming LMT MRP Piston upper...

HAHAHA:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RECCE556
06-01-2009, 8:20 PM

Ignorance is bliss.... ;)