View Full Version : Considering CAI Golani for next gun...

05-31-2009, 4:06 PM
Ok I have wanted a galil or something similar to it for quite sometime. I am honestly not proficient enough to get a kit and build it myself, so I am definitely having to get something preassembled. My problem is that I keep hearing and reading reports of Century arms and specifically this particular firearm they put together being rather shoddy at best. I really don't feel like paying for something that I will likely have to put more time and money into just to make run right. Does anyone own any of these golani sporters and more importantly what is your experience with them?

05-31-2009, 4:12 PM
I don't have one but my stepson has one. I was talking to him the other day and he told me it wouldn't run with wolf because of extraction problems. I don't have any details. Mark

05-31-2009, 4:18 PM
I have an early serial numbered one. It was f marked(for fixed). I checked the hardness on the reciever and it was rockwell 40C. I got lucky. A lot of the early serialized guns had soft recievers. My magazines have a lot of sideways play. Just be sure to look the gun over real well before you buy it. Although there is no way for you to check the recievers hardness.