PDA

View Full Version : Cable gun lock with fixed mag?

Linburger
05-31-2009, 1:47 PM
I plan on building a fixed mag build with a mag lock. But when I store the gun I'd like to use a cable lock (the kind that goes through the magwell and out the ejection port) for a little added safety. But if I remove the fixed mag to put the lock in, does that make the gun an assault weapon?

Ian
05-31-2009, 2:40 PM
are you planning to use something like a raddlock or a bullet button?

The whole thing with it being an assault weapon in your case is the ability to accept detachable magazines. however, with a BB, or raddlock, or b16, etc, your magazines will require a tool to be remove, therefore not making them "detachable"

so you should be good to go

Cal-Irish
05-31-2009, 4:36 PM
You're fine.

flying2275
05-31-2009, 5:23 PM
There is also a cable lock that has a ball on one end and you feed the other end down the barrel and attach the locking mechanism. I've seen these at Big 5 before.

Requiem
05-31-2009, 6:24 PM
There is also a cable lock that has a ball on one end and you feed the other end down the barrel and attach the locking mechanism. I've seen these at Big 5 before.

I'd go with this option. I have an m1a in a troy mcs and if you don't have a bb/raddlock on it but it does have a fixed mag you'll prolly hafta do the above if you want to use a cable lock and not fear the DEA/DOJ coming to your house.